Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score

This page is updated as needed. ↑↑

You are welcome to try other download sites mentioned with caution. Once I find one that does not pester you too much or does not attempt to send you on a redirect adventure I tend to stick with them.

I never have installed any app for this. The sensible thing to do imwo.

Edit to make a lot more sense!!
That's a great post, Bill! Thanks!

Also of note you can convert it to another format within VLC as well, if you like.....At least my version allows for this..

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice of him, innit? He does care. Not like some musicians ...

Knock it out of the park, Dav!

I may try some of it. Me no finger pick, so what I could do would be less somehow. :sadwave:
I don't either, but I've adopted a style of picking (alternate?) that can get me close enough to make it sound good..

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, check this out!!!

I went looking for Shaw codes because our forum brother @brentrocks is selling a pair and one had an odd date code in a different font than any I had ever seen.

So I've been researching it since we all know there are a ton of deceptive scams going on out there, and people mistake Shaws all the time.

I'm not saying our brother is doing this, not at all, I was just curious to be sure HE didn't get taken when he got them..

Well, lo and behold I found a couple examples, and one old Ebay listing for an 81 Custom with that very pickup in it!

Nearest I can gather it was an original numbering scheme used at the very beginning with the Heritage 80 series.

I do remember reading about a change in the date coding, but this is the first one I've ever SEEN with a different date code.
1981 BB

Ta da!!! oddball pickup in question! Just like the one Brent is selling! A first year run! Oughta be worth extra :laugh2:

How cool is that!!!

Another one from an 82 SG 3 hummer job!

1981 Heritage 80
https://www.mmguitarbar.com/listing/1981-gibson-heritage-standard-80-les-paul-59-burst-vintage-reissue-tim-shaw-pafs-w-case/18064993

Last edited:

DavGrape

Reaction score
Wow.
So, anyway; the Dr. Spock show is on.

Hahaha!
I crack me up.

So, anyways; picking out these chords... I figured out why it's out of my comfort zone.
I know the chords up the neck, but I'm always playing stuff that primarily uses the lower 3 and 4 strings.
Gotta think a little more on not muting the high ones.
Learned a long time ago, stick with it.
Boom.... the ability appears overnight.

Did you get the joke?
I little guitar ottered you.

Last edited:

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow.
So, anyway; the Dr. Spock show is on.

Hahaha!
I crack me up.

So, anyways; picking out these chords... I figured out why it's out of my comfort zone.
I know the chords up the neck, but I'm always playing stuff that primarily uses the lower 3 and 4 strings.
Gotta think a little more on not muting the high ones.
Kinda me in reverse... I'm exploring patterns on the higher strings and omitting the lower ones!