Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

DavGrape

Reaction score
8th grade Unified Studies class, we split up into teams and did remakes of 'War of the Worlds.'
Got to use a reel-to-reel from the AV department!
My team smoked everybody and we got 'A's.'

We went off script, re-wrote it with new characters.
Smash hit.
I remember the narrator was dubbed 'Pete Zah;' and the farmer whose field the aliens land in was 'Farmer Jack.'
Yeah... I was involved. Hahaha!

"Farmer Jack, you'd better come with us! Here, it's a little chilly... put this jacket on."
"Well, uh; all right; the sleeves seem a little long."
"Oh, here; we'll just tie those around back."

Last edited:

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
I could load Linux on an old box and give that a go (Thanks Red)

Will likely try Ifranview (thanks NBB) and the Adobe Bridge think (Thanks Jon) first as I'm currently running windows on everything I own.

Not too concerned about future support or any of that as I'm hoping this will be a one shot cleanup - after that I'll try to maintain a system (as Jon mentioned - external drive with backups) - I would have to get my wife on board (as she takes way more photos than I do) but I do have a network drive so it shouldn't be a hard sell.

Anyway - Thanks all for the advice - I'm too lazy to multi-quote but I am reading all of your replies and taking notes
Some of these will support import from camera/card with renaming and key wording. You can have it go to an external automatically

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
Unlike Dav and his posted artsy PG images, I tended to save those with less clothing. It's all old now as a basic adult filter off DuckDuckGo search will produce more and better quality than I had saved. I suspect Dav has nekid ones too.

Have not really bothered with it for some time.

My first Windows 3.1 PC (early 90s) was so light on RAM, I had to leave Windows and view 14.4k downloaded images in DOS at 256 colors max. Like a coin-op peep show - a process you had to go through.

I do have a sizable collection of "classic" actresses and celebrities I grew up with that I could not post here. Even with these, newer better quality images are out there. Far more fakes than years ago.

A NSFW example: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=phoebe+cates&kp=-2&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images
Wish I still had the floppies. I had Windows 1.0. No overlapping windows, 640x480 display

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Wish I still had the floppies. I had Windows 1.0. No overlapping windows, 640x480 display
I blame 640 x 480, Wolfenstein 3D and Doom for my earlier than normal vision problems. Then again I just got old.

I still have floppy copies of DOS 6.22(?) and Win 3.11. I jumped into the Windows game at 3.1. Never saw of used anything earlier.

I may still have a working 200 MHz Pentium PC and HDD that last ran them. Been a long time since I tried to join them all - the year 2000. No, the PC did not blow up or anything drastic. Yes, that was a Windows 95 era PC, but had a 1.6 GB HDD I figured I'd have some crazy 3.11 fun with. Last I checked (years ago) the 1.6 GB HDD was still healthy.

Not sure what monitor I'd use. I do have an old HP 4:3 LCD that might work. If I can find its brick. I have a hard time letting go of things. I'm not a hoarder. Well ...

:sadwave:

Last edited:

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
I blame 640 x 480, Wolfenstein 3D and Doom for my earlier than normal vision problems. Then again I just got old.

I still have floppy copies of DOS 6.22(?) and Win 3.11. I jumped into the Windows game at 3.1. Never saw of used anything earlier.

I may still have a working Pentium 200 MHz PC and HDD that last ran them. Been a long time since I tried to join them all - the year 2000. No, the PC did not blow up or anything drastic. Yes, that was a Windows 95 era PC, but had a 1.6 GB HDD I figured I'd have some crazy 3.11 fun with. Last I checked (years ago) the 1.6 GB HDD was still healthy.

Not sure what monitor I'd use. I do have an old HP 4:3 LCD that might work. If I can find its brick. I have a hard time letting go of things. I'm not a hoarder. Well ...

:sadwave:
First business computer for me was the original IBM with 64K, 2 floppy drives, green screen, and PC DOS 1.1