Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Butch in his later years. He had badly scratched his right eye on a bush - it is all clouded over. Trying his best to put on the happy content face. We were not aware of the arthritis and hip issues creeping up on him then IIRC.

Who didn't have a water heater box fort at one time?

Butch71.jpg

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Dad actually using the camera. Not many like these. 1962, less than a year old me.

I have the haziest recollection of the dog "Cappy". Mostly from the very few images I have of him. A year or two after this he bit a neighbor (or two?) and "went to a farm upstate to play with other dogs".

1962.jpg

Last edited:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Hep me!
Hep me!
I got a hole in my bag!
Oooo that smarts ridin' a bike.

Butch is just hilarious.
Looks show dog quality.
:laugh2:

The temporary hole in my head is healing - I found a pharmacy that had my head meds. There was a manufacturing shortage and I've spent the last few days in early withdraw. Slowly starting to feel the usual level of abnormal.

He was well toned when we got him. The SPCA did not know much about him other than a guess at his age and he was a stray. He was very welcoming of his new family. So gentle and kind. That was '66 or '67.

As a stray, he loved to run. If he got out of the fenced in backyard, it was a real chore to chase him down before he got hit by a car or whatever.

Think it was the day we brought him home ... my train set was up for the holidays. There was crepe paper tacked around the perimeter in a red brick pattern to hide the saw horses and holiday decoration boxes.

I clearly remember Butch went to sit and lean into the brick wall. SURPRISE! Made me laugh ... :laugh2:

Train1965.jpg

Last edited:

Skeletor

Reaction score
Another question for the photo junkies in this thread....
Does anyone know of a decent software package that will "collect and archive" all my photos?

To explain:
Since my first digital camera (2001) I've gone through multiple computer replacements, scores of portable hard drives, done numerous backups etc. What I'm left with is a scatted mess of files and folders across various hard drives with many duplicates and no real method to my storage madness.
So - today I was looking for puppy photos of my dearly departed Golden retriever (circa 2006/2007) and I can't find a big slice in time - hoping it is on one of the various hard drives in the pile.
What I would like to do is spend some time and gather everything I can find on the drives and copy it to a single chronological archive (say a folder per month for the last 15 years), maybe rename them with the date or something and delete all of the duplicates.
Intuitively - this should be something seemingly simple for a software company (a room full of code monkeys?) to develop so I assume something already exists (I'll search but I tend to get more useful answers from the MLP collective)

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance