Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
MIDI is FUN! You can have a whole studio for around... 500ish $ these days and sound pretty damn good.
I recommend pluginboutique for new instruments... many sales and great deals all the time.

I've got an orchestra at my fingertips... all for less than 200$, hardware included.
Don't even need a powerful PC, too (although I happen to have a beast for 3D work)
I have the PC covered, too. I bought a refurbished Dell with a 2 TB drive and added a separate sound card. Haven't got around to installing DAWs yet. I have an M-Audiio Keystation 88 controller but it's in the closet. I'd prefer a device that has its own sounds. The 88 is just a joystick with 88 buttons :rolleyes:

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
I have the PC covered, too. I bought a refurbished Dell with a 2 TB drive and added a separate sound card. Haven't got around to installing DAWs yet. I have an M-Audiio Keystation 88 controller but it's in the closet. I'd prefer a device that has its own sounds. The 88 is just a joystick with 88 buttons :rolleyes:
It's very simple to set up a good DAW, I recommend reaper, and some amazing free plugins are available. The stock sounds are usually crap, anyway, unless you buy a very expensive synth.

Give it a chance! It's no different than having a big synth, you just use your mouse to change parameters instead of physical buttons.

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess it was really Night Court, but that night shift thing made me think of it. :laugh2:
The scary thing to me is , I have been to hospitals and seen a lot of peeps looking like this is the norm!!!!

And they are going to be the ones working on you when they wheel your busted up a$$ into the ER.....

Scary..

rcole_sooner

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
We called it Morning Tower when I worked in the oil field, in the early 80s. 10 pm to 6 am.

We'd stop in a shit and get for beer and hot links on our way home (yes, we'd drink in the car on the way home back then). Folks would look at us kinda strange. Could have been the beer ... or the links that had been setting there all night. :laugh2: