Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chet Atkins no doubt was a good producer and likely helped a few folks out, but never instilled in me lust for a Gretsch, or a desire to pick every song with the same exact technique.
+1 :thumb:

See, I'm glad to know it isn't just me!

Whenever someone is hailed as the greatest thing since sliced bread, and they are arguably good, but they leave me cold, I just figure it's me, I don't get it.

Maybe I'm defective or something..

But you and Dav just nailed it for me! Thanks!

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chet Atkins could be a prick. Sometime after playing with Mark Knopfler, he was asked what he thought of Mark's playing. He said, "He's...fine"

A fan told Chet his guitar sounded really good. Chet placed it on the stand and asked, "How's it sound now?"

Mannish Boy

Reaction score
Yep, I had the "Super Drums" lp by Sandy Nelson. I had another lp by him but I don't remember the title. Hell of a drummer.
Here's another guy I grew up listening to...

My ma was into non vocal music back when so she liked classical, switched on Bach, the Ventures, and this guy... Sandy Nelson...

See if Red or anyone else has ever heard of him before.... another stumble over..

Just found this.... The man himself. I never saw him before as I recall he never put a photo on any of his albums!

From the description:
Sandy is playing with the James Quill Smith Band here. It's late 1999 at a now closed bar in Las Vegas called Rock-a-billys. I know Sandy fans will love it. He plays using only his left leg which is amazing.

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, I had the "Super Drums" lp by Sandy Nelson. I had another lp by him but I don't remember the title. Hell of a drummer.
Thank you!

The one I played the most had Ray Charle's song 'What I say?...' on it and I wore the groves out on that track! :laugh2:

It was visibly darker than the rest of the record!

To me it sounded like the Charlie Brown - Schroeder tune he always played...

I Break Things

Reaction score
Where's @I Break Things ?

Got my own penguin team going....

Daggum traitor birds...

I've been withdrawing from lithium, and I had to go to a doctors appointment yesterday. I just haven't been up to doing anything the last few days. Not sure when I'll be feeling better, but I'll hang out more then.

Later, dudes (and dudettes)!

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Woop, Woop @lespaulfreak93 being an idiot news again.

So since the heating situation has left me with some "spare cash" that won't affect the Martin any further, I have bought another thing that I've always dreamed about... a drum kit! An electric set, primarily for MIDI use. It just feels... wrong using a piano for recording drums.
One of the last things left for me to buy. Not much left, a few instruments and that's it.
I'm picking it up on Friday.

Of course I also put some of it into my savings.

Martin's still coming in October!

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woop, Woop @lespaulfreak93 being an idiot news again.

So since the heating situation has left me with some "spare cash" that won't affect the Martin any further, I have bought another thing that I've always dreamed about... a drum kit! An electric set, primarily for MIDI use. It just feels... wrong using a piano for recording drums.
One of the last things left for me to buy. Not much left, a few instruments and that's it.
I'm picking it up on Friday.

Of course I also put some of it into my savings.

Martin's still coming in October!
I've thought about getting a decent, affordable digital drum kit. That and a good digital piano is all I need to have a studio's worth of equipment in my 500 sq ft apartment :laugh2:

I already have a mixer, mics and plenty of guitars, amps and a bass or two.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Daggum traitor birds...

I've been withdrawing from lithium, and I had to go to a doctors appointment yesterday. I just haven't been up to doing anything the last few days. Not sure when I'll be feeling better, but I'll hang out more then.

Sorry to read this. :sadwave: I wish you well..

I did not do well with lithium.

Last edited:

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
I've thought about getting a decent, affordable digital drum kit. That and a good digital piano is all I need to have a studio's worth of equipment in my 500 sq ft apartment :laugh2:

I already have a mixer, mics and plenty of guitars, amps and a bass or two.
MIDI is FUN! You can have a whole studio for around... 500ish $ these days and sound pretty damn good.
I recommend pluginboutique for new instruments... many sales and great deals all the time.

I've got an orchestra at my fingertips... all for less than 200$, hardware included.
Don't even need a powerful PC, too (although I happen to have a beast for 3D work)

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Chet Atkins could be a prick. Sometime after playing with Mark Knopfler, he was asked what he thought of Mark's playing. He said, "He's...fine"

A fan told Chet his guitar sounded really good. Chet placed it on the stand and asked, "How's it sound now?"
Sounds more like a joker than a prick... there's a reason he was such a huge deal for so many years! I'm sure the Mark comment was a joke.

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
Daggum traitor birds...

Thanks for not making gender assumptions :rofl:

Hope you're feeling better soon

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Daggum traitor birds...

Spuds!!! Great to see you, friend. Good luck, best wishes to you always.