Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

rcole_sooner

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Working till 2. Then golf league. Then off for 4 days.
That was last week for me, a full week this week. But, do have golf league after work on Thursday. Just 2 more weeks of league ... man the Summer went fast.

We went beach house shopping and played the South Padre Island golf course. I tell ya, that was not a bad setup. Would do again. Found a slick beach condo too, right on the beach.

It is the Men's League Championship this weekend, so 2 days of golf with free keg beer (prolly Bud light) and some kind eats each day. Not too shabby.

lancpudn

Reaction score
Get a load of this! As a kid in the late 50's early 60's A BMW or Messererschmitt meant a "Bubble car". BMW Isetta , Messerschmitt KR200. They were everywhere as cheap transport in the "Groovy 60's" :dude:and they look like they're making a comeback over here in Europe :eek2:

I've been reading about this new Microlino ev version and more than 15,000 have already reserved one before manufacturing begins :eek2:

1565791037636.png

1565791053588.png

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ever here of these guys, Red?

I never did...

I found them as a related search... Pretty simple stuff, but nostalgic in a way....

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's another guy I grew up listening to...

My ma was into non vocal music back when so she liked classical, switched on Bach, the Ventures, and this guy... Sandy Nelson...

See if Red or anyone else has ever heard of him before.... another stumble over..

Just found this.... The man himself. I never saw him before as I recall he never put a photo on any of his albums!

From the description:
Sandy is playing with the James Quill Smith Band here. It's late 1999 at a now closed bar in Las Vegas called Rock-a-billys. I know Sandy fans will love it. He plays using only his left leg which is amazing.

DavGrape

Reaction score
Roy Clark bums me out.
It's like Roy Clark on that Ren & Stimpy stuff.

Lawrence Welk crowd be like, "Oh. That was good. Wasn't it? Wasn't that good? Joyce? Ruth? Wasn't that good? I thought it was good."

Last edited:

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
Rather a lackluster 'Pipeline,' and Roy Clark bums me out.
It's like Roy Clark on that Ren & Stimpy stuff.
Agreed.... Pipline was canned and the boys were nervous...

And of course, IIRC Old Lawrence was a control freak and kept a tight reign on everything...

They were probably more scared of ticking him off (dong something wrong) than they were of being on TV....

Roy is just... well, Roy! There will never be another... Like Chet Atkins.. but I like Roy's style a bit more than Chet.

Chet can put me to sleep, as talented as he is, some of it seems to drone on..