Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

Skeletor

Reaction score
An iPhone question for Jon (or anyone else with an opinion)...
I seem to recall a ways back in this thread a recommendation for a file management application/software outside of iTunes - any chance I could get a reminder on what that was?

The reason I ask - my wife is locked in to the iPhone realm but she always struggles with photo management. Looking for an easy way that allows her to plug in to a Windows10 PC and manage photos as if the phone was just another mounted drive.
I seem to recall that getting the memory to mount and become visible was hit and miss and then once you do get it connected the photo folder and file naming didn't seem to be based on any sort of logic I could discern.

And... it always seems to be critically important when I am not home - as a non iPhone user it is extremely difficult to troubleshoot and advise over the phone :(

DarrellV

Proud Member of the Golden Switch Tip Club
Premium Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall a ways back in this thread a recommendation for a file management application/software outside of iTunes - any chance I could get a reminder on what that was?

The reason I ask - my wife is locked in to the iPhone realm but she always struggles with photo management. Looking for an easy way that allows her to plug in to a Windows10 PC and manage photos as if the phone was just another mounted drive.
I seem to recall that getting the memory to mount and become visible was hit and miss and then once you do get it connected the photo folder and file naming didn't seem to be based on any sort of logic I could discern.

And... it always seems to be critically important when I am not home - as a non iPhone user it is extremely difficult to troubleshoot and advise over the phone :(
@JonCanfield

Batter up!!!!

I Break Things

Reaction score
@redjunior

Have you held up the perimeter? That @DarrellV is a sneaky SOB, and Cthulhu is getting hungry. He's just released his army of necromancers to bring all the dead back and bend them to his will. I don't know about you, but I don't particularly want to be zombie food. Send four reconnaissance teams out. Put two teams on perimeter security. Have the other two watching the house.

redjunior

Gak!.... Bozos!
Reaction score
@redjunior

Have you held up the perimeter? That @DarrellV is a sneaky SOB, and Cthulhu is getting hungry. He's just released his army of necromancers to bring all the dead back and bend them to his will. I don't know about you, but I don't particularly want to be zombie food. Send four reconnaissance teams out. Put two teams on perimeter security. Have the other two watching the house.
Dnne... We got a shipment of Jameson and Guinness... THe finger monkeys are passing it out as we speak--- and passing out...

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score

The absolute easiest way to manage photos is via iCloud. Here's the info on using it with Windoze: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205323

That won't give you the iPhone as a drive though.

This is more of a file manager - iMazing:

The phone stores images in the normal digital camera location: DCIM/100APPLE - and they're named sequentially. The camera roll on device has a database that references the photos. If you were to rename them, it most likely wouldn't know what to do.

If you're using iCloud photos though, you can import/export various file types, names, etc and the database will update correctly.

Hope this helps!

Latest Threads