Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t have said it better,brother!

Absolutely.....
If you want a glimpse into today's mindset, just try to watch the insipid remake with Johhny Depp. I never could get up the bile to watch it personally, but from what snippets I have seen on the interwebs, it is quite a departure from the original.

In the second they seem to portray Wonka as detesting kids deep down.

Nothing was further than the truth. The man ran a candy factory!! Think that was all for the Grupps?

He treated them all kindly and politely, gently, but firmly, correcting them as needed,

and letting them run free in his factory...

He NEVER said this to a kid!!!!!!

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had a family friend who was from Long Island. They all came down and their son brought this album and Under the Blade. Big ole impact on us guys “ from out in the sticks “ :laugh2:
Out in the desert as I am (my city was maybe 55,00ish when T.S. broke big) I didn't have the chance to hear them before Stay Stay Hungry. But Under the Blade and You Can't Kill Rock and Roll are my faves by them.

DavGrape

Reaction score
Did you catch the live All/Family remake with Woody Harrelson and Marisa Tomei?
They did a note for note live show of an episode on ABC; that show really did push it; could never be done on network TV.

I resolve to watch Will Wonka before the month is out.
Yeah; yeah.... I'll go to the video store and rent it... yeah.

Hahahaha!
There's no video stores!
Hahahaha!
Guess not on the movie!
Sorry Willy! Ya rat bastard!
Derp!

Last edited:

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If you want a glimpse into today's mindset, just try to watch the insipid remake with Johhny Depp. I never could get up the bile to watch it personally, but from what snippets I have seen on the interwebs, it is quite a departure from the original.

In the second they seem to portray Wonka as detesting kids deep down.

Nothing was further than the truth. The man ran a candy factory!! Think that was all for the Grupps?

He treated them all kindly and politely, gently, but firmly, correcting them as needed,

and letting them run free in his factory...

He NEVER said this to a kid!!!!!!

Yahtzee!!

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Martin:
D-18: Beautifully balanced, elegant, wonderful for fingerpicking and chords, great all-rounder, when you play it you feel that you're holding a true legend. Absolutely worth 3 months of my life.

I'm totally in love with Martin Guitars.
I knew the lad had good taste!

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Hey Darrell,

I LOVE Guild and have for a long time. This time it's just a matter of "want" and "can do it finally" like with the Gibson. My Edwards is just as good, but I wanted a Gibson and nothing else would do.

Same story here.

Okay I will confess something...

My true love is acoustic guitars.
So there are Guilds in the future for me, I can see at least 2.
Actually the D-40 was to me the best guitar I played that day. But I just want a D-18 and nothing else will work.

And in the future, where I will have responsibilities and a family, a Guild will be easier to get than a Martin. So right now I'm going for the best I can get.
Cannot beat that Martin history. Established in 1833, been built in the same little PA town since the late 1850s.

The D-18 is a mighty fine choice. It is more versatile than a 28.

My bucket list guitar was always the HD-28. :dunno:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Must. Resist....

CAN'T!

View attachment 392332
Facts first ...

I just read about that. The pumps were never designed to remove that much water in such a short time. A pumping system to remove the expected rainfall is simply not feasible. Add the fact the Mississippi is much higher than normal.

118 out of 120 pumps are operational.

Oh, New Orleans is quite low - and sinking. At some point in the future, much of the city will need to be abandoned.

Last edited: