Cupcake? Heresy? Pony? 4 stacks of plexi?

Bytor1958

Reaction score
The method I'm learning is mainly as follows, and can be found at luinc.com

1. Research a 3/2, or 4/3 in a decent neighborhood. Preferably built after 1973.
2. Do your comp and rental research, and repair costs, and run the numbers.
3. Make a fair offer related to asking price.
4. Get a hard money loan for 75-80%
5. Have other folks do the rehab, unless you really like swinging hammers. (I dont)
6. Once rehab is complete, refinance with a conventioal loan and get out of the hard money loan.
7. Rent that sucker and use a property management company. Unless you like getting calls for fixing toilets at 3 am (I dont)
8. Sell in 3-5 years and enjoy the capital gains and the monthly rentals you made along the way.
They didn't follow your #3.

That's the part that pisses me and my brothers off. From the start he said he wanted the property and would pay a fair price. I think that went out the window when his investor took over. I just hope my brother doesn't loss him as a friend now.

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
They didn't follow your #3.

That's the part that pisses me and my brothers off. From the start he said he wanted the property and would pay a fair price. I think that went out the window when his investor took over. I just hope my brother doesn't loss him as a friend now.
Money does strange to people, especially family and friends. If he stops being your Brother's friend, then he wasn't a real friend.

Friends DON'T lowball

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Money does strange to people, especially family and friends. If he stops being your Brother's friend, then he wasn't a real friend.

Friends DON'T lowball
I'm sure he got that push from the investor. I know they guy and I don't think he'd do that. But ya never know. We''l see after the counter offer. He knew my brother was going to contact a realtor.

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
@Bytor1958 @Gtarzan81 you can also back into it. Investors will want at least 6% return.
Figure out what the house would rent for remodeled. Take that rental amount, subtract 6% from it, see what the monthly balance would cover on a 100% mortgage after taxes and insurance. (No such thing and they’ll make a down payment, but that’s the math they’ll use)

1500 rent less 6% = 1415 -250 taxes and ins(??) = 1165 covers how much on a 20 year mortgage??? That’s how much the house is worth remodeled.