Crowd Source - What color is this? Les Paul Antique Burst...

drpietrzak

Reaction score
So I have this Antique Burst Les Paul Traditional that I love. I like LPs with pickguards. I think Heritage has some nice flame maple pickguards. So I was thinking that as I have a nice piece of flame maple that I would cut one and stain it to match. But, I am not sure (as I am color blind) what color this is for sure I am not sure what color to go with for here. I can get the shading and dark-light levels. I just want to be sure it is essentially amber, and nothing else. Obviously, as with many of these bursts it looks different by angles and light.

Input on color?

A. Amber
B. Other - Name it --------------

jstarr823

Reaction score
2017 Antique Burst. That year only. I had one with an absolutely killer top that I totally regret selling.

drpietrzak

Reaction score
Thanks. Does it have other than amber in it for colors?

NHDave

Reaction score
I wouldn’t confuse it with amber. It’s yellow on the rim and it has almost a creamsicle look to it in the middle. I bought one used on the gc site. It appeared amber in the shots. The thing was mint price was reasonable but the color looked nothing like the shot so I returned it. I tend to be open with color but just had a really strong dislike to it. Gladly ate the $22 shipping and withstood Their pitch to buy The $3k les Paul’s they had in stock.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Reminds me of the Latte Creme 'burst LP Gibson did a few years ago.

No offense, but AFAIC, traditional 'bursts are still the best.

Beautiful top, though.