Critics don't like "The Rise of Skywalker". 57% on rotten tomatoes.

Olds442

Reaction score
I'm surprised, fans like it better than the critics. That's the exact opposite of TLJ.

I haven't seen it yet, and probably won't for a while.

I just thought it was interesting that critics came out against it so harshly. They didn't have the balls to with TLJ.

blackat

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was over SW 30 years ago.....
Waiting 10-15 yrs for each sequel (yawn)

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
probably on a midget trans alien.

or rose tico.
I re-watched TLJ last night, just for a laugh. There are so many things wrong with that movie it quickly becomes comedy. If it was a drinking game, nobody would last the first 30 minutes.
All to say, they killed off the wrong sister.
Rose's sister was hawt af, and probably would have made those painful scenes tolerable. (Funny how cute girls can do that, but it's not a huge secret in successful films.)

Olds442

Reaction score

i read enough of that to know that Jar Jar Abrams had to retcon a bunch from TLJ.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

i read enough of that to know that Jar Jar Abrams had to retcon a bunch from TLJ.
...sooo.... when TLJ shits all over the fans... the critics love it... when the new one is a movie to make the fans happy... the critics hate it?

DapperCrazyAruanas-size_restricted.gif

TLJ was absolute garbage.

I might have to give this one a shot. If the critics hate it it must not suck. :laugh2:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I'm gonna level with you guys.
They could put out 2 movies a year and I'd still watch them. I might not like them, like Epsidoe 2, TLJ and Solo, but I'm still gonna watch them, grab a bootleg copy and watch them a bunch of times more.
I just like that corner of the universe.
Sure, some of the SJW and shit writing pisses me off, but I'm still giddy over lightsabers, X-wings and the sound of Tie Fighters.
Rose, Jar Jar, the Purple chick, Mary Sue, Snoke, all the inexplicably non-military-looking people in command positions...
That's just shit to laugh at.
They got me. I wish I was cooler, but it just wasn't meant to be.

dsmcl77

Reaction score
Critics didn't like Led Zeppelin either.

I like to make my own judgement.
Didn't watch it yet, but I still dont expect to be as good as the George Lucas original movies.

Latest Threads