crews models?

tele_player

Reaction score
Ive read every thread about Crews, and I don't think I've seen one which clearly lists the known models, and the specs, such as year, factory, finish, woods, laminate, pickups, etc.
KTR, L, OSL,FM, Next 5D, 59... I'm overwhelmed.

I'm weirdly fascinated by these guitars I've never seen, and I have a NGD coming up next week as one makes its way to California from the land down under.

zombywoof

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is much info on this forum alone. The search feature is your friend. With minimal effort you can track down specs for every model that you listed.

If you think Crews specs are hard to find try Momose.

Momose Tele.jpg

tele_player

Reaction score
Yes, Bacchus, another puzzle.
But, I’ve read all the threads which mention Crews, and still don’t have a very clear idea of the models. The information is scattered and fragmented.

Frisco Kid

Reaction score
All I know is the handwritten serial #s are desirable and they’re great guitars. I’ve got a Goldtop with Wolfetone pickups that sounds and plays so good. I’d love to hear the Weeps or other stock pickups.
35F96980-666E-4CD2-8396-44FD249D7EA7.jpeg

tele_player

Reaction score
OK, here's a more specific question. I've seen (online, not physically) several Crews with handwritten numbers indicating /144 - were these all from the same batch of 144 guitars? I wonder if the Crews guys delight in being cryptic, or just don't get the concept of serial numbers and date codes.

zombywoof

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both KTR Limited and the follow up run, KTR Standard were */144. These shipped with a COA spec sheet signed by Yoshioka Kikuo CEO & President of Crews.

CMS has produced several smaller batch runs with more premium materials. The */144 runs claim to fame were the factory installed K&T Weeps.

I have owned several different models from the LS-01 - LED line. Both Deviser and Terada builds are of top quality construction.

Last edited:

currypowder

Reaction score
There is some info at their official site:

To me, it looks as if their Vintage Line guitars is the only "clone" line being manufactured currently, and they are only available through the Hoochies Store. These all tend to be fairly high end models, especially the LED models. From what I can tell, the Vintage Line models get the most attention, have the highest specs and are are produced in very small batches.

There were earlier runs of Key To The Rock (KTR) models sold through the Musicland Key stores that ran the gamut from mid line models (veneer flame/quilt, 2 piece mahogany bodies (chambered), KTR Original pickups) to higher spec'd models (solid flame tops, 1 piece mahogany bodies, air dried mahogany necks, K&T pickups, etc.). It does not appear that any of these are being produced currently.

I have had the pleasure of owning a few from the more "budget friendly" KTRs to the upper KTRs (Next 5D) to the Vintage Line models. I currently own 3 Vintage Line LEDs, one Vintage Line '52 Blackguard Tele and a KTR ST54 Strat. as those are the ones I prefer. The models I currently own all rival the best I have ever played. However, I can definitely attest the to quality of the entire Crews lineup.

Here are a few links of blogs, descriptions and product specs that I've come across over the years.

m5570

Reaction score
What are their LPS like? I see 2 on Reverb & they just say P90 pick ups.

Latest Threads