Crews Maniac Sound Guitars Thread

MijHunter94

Reaction score
ok after a good bit of time with these 2 i have to say that I am very impressed.. the ktr NFS weep pickups are the best set of new pickups i have come across, they are beaten only by dryz in my opinion, and even then I am not absolutely certain, having said that at 67000 yen for a set they should sound bloody good, the guitars themselves are just amazing superbly light and resonant, I was not convinced about the tapered neck at first but now i actually prefer it to the fat navigator necks, its a joy to play.. these are right up there with the best navigators, the navs edge them on specs, with honduran backs, and fret binding, but the first 36 or the fm59 edge the navs with a braz board, the nfs weep absolutely kill any set of duncans found in the navs... so we have a new boy on the high end modern top podium....
And how is number 11???? ;D haha

Barnaby

Reaction score
Avert your eyes if you're only into LPs but this Suhr-style SSH from Crews stopped me dead in my tracks. I only post it here in the hope that someone buys it and puts me out of my misery.

https://www.digimart.net/cat01/shop4871/DS06199317/
Doood! That thing is gorgeous. It's also very grabbable for me, being in Tokyo, but I am kitted out with enough guitars for the foreseeable and, being a builder, find it hard to justify buying one these days.

Lumi71

Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me about the difference beetween a KTR LTD and a KTR STD?
Seems that they are the same but the ltd has another fretboard (asian rosewood 30 years old) and other pups.
The std seems to have a 40k yen higher retail price though, also it has no fretboard from 30 years old wood..
Or am I getting something wrong?

MCT

Reaction score
Seems that they are the same but the ltd has another fretboard (asian rosewood 30 years old) and other pups.
The std seems to have a 40k yen higher retail price though, also it has no fretboard from 30 years old wood..
Crews are strangely opaque with their models and why some are priced certain ways, etc. I have one of each and both play equally great. My LTD is a 5D limited run, so I have no idea how that compares to the “regular” LTDs.

Lumi71

Reaction score
What is the neck size of a KTR-STD?
59, 58..?

zombywoof

Reaction score
Man, my KTR-STD has a 59 neck - who wants to trade me one with a 58 neck?
You have both a KTR-STD and KTR-LTD? I was under the impression that the STD had more of a '58 neck while the LTD was '59 ish that coincided with the LS-01 and the LS-02 made during those same periods

Last edited:

zombywoof

Reaction score
The 2010 KTR-LTD has NFS Weeps as does the KTR-STD. I have not owned nor played the STD but from what people in the know say -Harold- the STD was the second run of 144 following the LTD's initial production run of 144.

Lumi71

Reaction score
Thanks for answers, guys,
I am more after a 59 or even a bit slimmer profile. So I think I wont take the risk....

zombywoof

Reaction score
Thanks for answers, guys,
I am more after a 59 or even a bit slimmer profile. So I think I wont take the risk....
GiddyH has my old LTD (KTR Limited) and it is a slimmer '59-'60 as he says. I would look in that direction to be safe.

GiddyHitch

Reaction score
You have both a KTR-STD and KTR-LTD? I was under the impression that the STD had more of a '58 neck while the LTD was '59 ish that coincided with the LS-01 and the LS-02 made during those same periods
GiddyH has my old LTD (KTR Limited) and it is a slimmer '59-'60 as he says. I would look in that direction to be safe.
Ha, I just have the LTD. My mistake. I literally could have scrolled up to see the build sheet too.

free713

Reaction score
I had both and they were both big with the STD being biggest

GiddyHitch

Reaction score
If this KTR LS-02 Jr had a a P90 instead of a bucker I would have snatched it up before sharing it with you filthy heathens. Mick from TPS has convinced me that I need one of those.

Latest Threads