Crews Maniac Sound Guitars Thread

free713

Reaction score
Good to hear you solved the mystery with a little detective work...too bad it leaves you without a guitar. Good thing is that those Crews std come up for sale in Japan pretty often. Just use a proxy service to get it. I myself own nr 31 and it is quite amazing...great, great guitar with a big ol neck...and the pickup are fantastic! So you did the right thing...

Steve Chernota

Reaction score
Well as we speak I have a 5D on its way to me that I had a proxy buy for me. It was a floor model so it had a couple of smudges on the back, and I got it for 188K as opposed to 345k.

free713

Reaction score
Nice...I bet they are just as nice as the std, but with a nicer top

Steve Chernota

Reaction score
So the guitar comes with an optional pick guard that you’d have to drill holes for.....I imagine most leave the guard off so as not to drill the holes? Personally I like the pickguards on Pauls, but not if it’s going to significantly devalue the guitar....other’s thoughts?

scott 351 wins

Reaction score
Whats the difference in a high end Crews LP guitar over a Momose LP? Is there any since both were made by Deviser?

wulfman

ABB Fan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of the high end models are made by Terada though there were some pricey ones made by deviser that still are more like a Bacchus (at least with the inlays). See if this Digimart search link will work to show you what shows up for LP Crews models for sale.

Lumi71

Reaction score
anyone played an KTR Collector's select 2013 Gravity with K&T Friction pups?
not much info there..
Have an offer for one...

Lumi71

Reaction score
Good answer, Harold, though it is not very helpful for me:)

jsrfo

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help with info on this Crews guitar I just picked up used.

I don't know if it's a LS-01 or LS-02. All I know is that it's obviously a Standard model. The build sheet says it's a plain top, solid mahogany neck and back, with K&T hand wound NFS Weep pickups. looks to be light or faded cherry burst or more likely, tea burst. There is no serial number stamped in it. Just STD 040 hand written on the back of the headstock.

Nice guitar and I'm just looking for some info on it. I bought it based on the specs, and know little about the brand. Appears to be built by Bacchus from reading here.

Thanks in advance for any info you may be able to provide.

upload_2018-11-20_19-40-20.png

20181119_192604.jpg
20181119_192638.jpg
20181120_094115.jpg
20181120_094051.jpg
20181120_094300.jpg

Attachments

currypowder

Reaction score
You might want to look at the previous page of this thread. Yours looks like the same guitar that was discussed there. There's some question as to whether the Weeps are still in that guitar. I would ask for some pictures of the back of the pickups before he ships if possible to verify that they are or are not Weeps.

Last edited:

jsrfo

Reaction score
Thanks. I have to laugh, in that I just missed that last page and didn't even see that it was discussed. I did just buy this from one of the owners down the food chain, and he sold it with the understanding that he did not know what pickups were in it. I got it at a good price and in hand, it's a nice instrument. I knew the pickups were in question going into the deal, so that was part of my decision, based on discussion with the previous owner. It didn't phase me at all.

I've just been playing around with it for a day or so now, and whatever's in there, they sound pretty good. I'll likely pull the pickups when I change strings. If they don't have stickers, the only clue to whether they may be Weeps would be to see if the neck is black/black, and the bridge is zebra. That's the only thing I know that you could look for with the lack of stickers, and it would only lend a clue.

Last edited:

jsrfo

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I like it, from the limited time I've spent with it, so far. Doubt it will go anywhere any time soon, if ever. I tend to keep stuff

Villager, you stated only 144 of these made. How do you dig into that info? I found very little on this (or any Japanese LP, really), and thought it odd that the only identification on it was hand written.

villager

Reaction score

jsrfo

Reaction score
Again, thanks for all the info and help. I've found it hard to find solid and consistent manufacturer information on any of these Japanese guitars, new or old.

Latest Threads