CreamTone

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, im well over my chargeback abilities as well.I actually started the process, and gave the bank all the info they needed, Screenshots of my repeated phone calls, emails..etc....but in the last minute i thought i would give him the benefit of the doubt.I was wrong, at least im only out $61
I'm out a little over $100, as I had an SG pickguard on the order in addition to the LP parts.
But it's only 1/6th of what Patrick Simms fucked me out of.

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm out a little over $100, as I had an SG pickguard on the order in addition to the LP parts.
But it's only 1/6th of what Patrick Simms fucked me out of.
Oh man, that sucks, i was actually going to ask you what, parts you bought,..i was going to grab a pickguard for my Historic SG Standard too, but im glad i didnt....who’s Patrick Simms?

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...
Since Creamtone is dead to everyone.
Seems the alternative is Montreaux.
But comparing their rings, pickguards, and poker chips... seems they have a few different product lines, and not all share the same names.
I's like something consistent with a '59/60 model, and would like the color to match.

Anyone with experience with them have any recommendations and good photos that accurately show the colors?
Debating if I want an aged patina or not... the Rewind pups I have on order are not aged.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man, that sucks, i was actually going to ask you what, parts you bought,..i was going to grab a pickguard for my Historic SG Standard too, but im glad i didnt....who’s Patrick Simms?
Simms Custom Shop
Painter who does really good work.... and though he posts regularly on FB and YT showing completed builds, is another one who apparently intentionally takes on too much work.
I was hesitant before dealing with him, but most of the complaints I saw on the forums were older, and there were a number of recent search results that seemed to show he had turned things around.
After I ordered, it started to become apparent that he was so hit and miss that there were ALWAYS positive comments.... and there were ALWAYS people threatening to pay him a visit.

More than one person claimed that their body showed up for sale on Ebay.

Fortunately, I did not send him a valuable body to be refinished. He was going to provide an Allparts body and paint it... which kicked up the cost by $200 from a normal paint job, but also meant that I'm not "out" anything but the $600

Last communication with him was November 2019, almost 2 years after I ordered, which was supposedly only going to take 90 days.... I asked "How's it going? Was hoping to have the body before the holidays, as I have some time off and wanted to complete the build"
His reply was "Oh, it'll be done way before then!"

Creamtone was a set of plastics for the LP and the SG 5-layer batwing.
I ended up getting the 5-layer from Stratosphere.

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...
Since Creamtone is dead to everyone.
Seems the alternative is Montreaux.
But comparing their rings, pickguards, and poker chips... seems they have a few different product lines, and not all share the same names.
I's like something consistent with a '59/60 model, and would like the color to match.

Anyone with experience with them have any recommendations and good photos that accurately show the colors?
Debating if I want an aged patina or not... the Rewind pups I have on order are not aged.
Montreux stuff is Good, ive started collecting parts from them, for there most historically Accurate stuff, you want parts from there “Time Machine Collection”

there creme parts, Poker chips ..etc..more closely match the color of Gibson True historic plastics, if that helps, where Cremetone parts are more Bone white, I have Poker chips from them, Black and Creme, Creme 58-60 Jack plates, Nickle plated brass Domed ABR-1 thumbwheels, ..nice parts

Also Gord Replies right away, and i get ny parts from Canada within 4-5 of paying him...ive allready had 5 deliveries from them, since ordering from Cremetone for the last time.

Ill post some pics tomorrow, of the Jack plate for my R9, and the Black poker chip on my 62’ SG, and Creme 59’ poker chip i bought, Also i just got one of there 3 Way toggle switch tips, really nice part, has no seam at the very top around the parimeter, unlike the Gibson Historic one, and its smaller, supposed to be an exact replica of an origional Tip, very small details i know, and $28 but im crazy about this shit.

so again ill post some pics tomorrow for ya, i would now, but im sick in bed after seeing Kims Ass in 4K

Last edited:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Montreux stuff is Good, ive started collecting parts from them, for there most historically Accurate stuff, you want parts from there “Time Machine Collection”

there creme parts, Poker chips ..etc..more closely match the color of Gibson True historic plastics, if that helps, where Cremetone parts are more Bone white, although i read that that is more Historically correct.I have Poker chips from them, Black and Creme, Creme 58-60 Jack plates, Nickle plated brass Domed ABR-1 thumbwheels, ..nice parts

Also Gord Replies right away, and i get ny parts from Canada within 4-5 of paying him...ive allready had 5 deliveries from them, since ordering from Cremetone for the last time.
Cool.

Ya, I was looking a the Time Machine line, and they have a 59 and 59 Historic.
Historic is definitely a cream color, while the 59 pickguard looks more yellow than the pickup rings.
Is this just lighting in the photo, and the 59 pickguard matches the M69 pickup rings?

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool.

Ya, I was looking a the Time Machine line, and they have a 59 and 59 Historic.
Historic is definitely a cream color, while the 59 pickguard looks more yellow than the pickup rings.
Is this just lighting in the photo, and the 59 pickguard matches the M69 pickup rings?
I believe the Poker chip, and M69’s should be the lighter of the plastics, with the pickguard going more towards creme

like the poker chip, kind of white, then trickling down a little darker as we get too the M69’s ..then a little darker at the guard

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
so again ill post some pics tomorrow for ya, i would now, but im sick in bed after seeing Kims Ass in 4K

Like I said earlier elsewhere..

Try to imagine running about 15 PSI through two half-deflated basketballs that are taped together.

The Great Kardashian Fart Simulation Experiment

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said earlier elsewhere..

Try to imagine running about 15 PSI through two half-deflated basketballs that are taped together.

The Great Kardashian Fart Simulation Experiment
Hahahahaha, i was actually imagining a tractor trailer, on the highway You know what i mean?
I think its when they go over metal grates in the road at speed...wam.wam wam wam wam!!!!

So far here is the Montreux poker chip,and Nickle plated brass Domed Abr-1 wheels on my SG

Attachments

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha, i was actually imagining a tractor trailer, on the highway You know what i mean?
I think its when they go over metal grates in the road at speed...wam.wam wam wam wam!!!!
Jake brake coming down through the Eisenhower Tunnel :rofl:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Shit, my house is right near I-40. I hear compression releases all the time.

Either that, or Kim K has taken up marching past my house regularly.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shit, my house is right near I-40. I hear compression releases all the time.

Either that, or Kim K has taken up marching past my house regularly.
I don't know how you sleep with the trains.
I guess you've conditioned yourself. When we lived on Imperial Highway... between the Albertson's warehouse and the 57 freeway.....
We didn't have AC, so the windows were open most nights.
We conditioned ourselves to perceive the traffic as waves crashing on the beach.

But then those Albertson's cargo ships would drop a container on the dock.........

BrianH

Reaction score
Has anyone here actually received anything they ordered recently?

DocGid

Reaction score
Has anyone here actually received anything they ordered recently?
I ordered in January and got my stuff like a week later.

Had another order in February, but canceled it a little over a month later. It wasn’t that it was late, it was the complete inability to get in touch with Lonnie to get any sort of update. Had he emailed or called me back, I likely would have continued the order, provided that the ETA would have been somewhat reasonable.

Latest Threads