CreamTone

BDW60

Reaction score
See above comments... Hope they change the name or they'll be sorry if it's an outright buyout.

Maybe someone should forward his FB screenshots to them so they know who they are dealing with....
As long as they don’t call it Carter Vintage Cream.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're gonna buy his garage?

:dunno:
No shit.
That kind of purchase would typically be buying the skills of the maker, or the name.

The maker has proven that he can't keep up with demand, and his refusal to communicate has destroyed the value of the name.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The maker has proven that he can't keep up with demand, and his refusal to communicate has destroyed the value of the name.
Exactly.

Do you know how hard it is to build a name and a rep, one that comes to the mind first, like some of our vendors here and other outfits known to provide the right stuff?

I've worked like a dog to improve quality over the years and still keep a great price for my products. I'll be damned if I'm going to fuck it all away by being a mean asshole who's offense is used for defense by rudely snapping at people over simple inquiries.

Nobody is going to do business with this ass-bite, snapping-turtle of a man. Not after this.

Heck, I love my customers. They are the greatest folks I've had the pleasure to meet or work with.

larryguitar

Reaction score
A business, particularly a small business, is typically valued this way:
1. The personal expertise/knowledge skill of the owner/staff
2. The machinery, tooling and inventory currently on hand
3. The protectable intellectual property held by the organization or owner
4. The reputation, prestige and value of the organization, its logo and trademarks

The smaller the organization, the more likely #1 and 4 are to make up the bulk of the value. We know 'Cream Tone' as a person (the owner) and a product line that's generally considered high quality, and the bulk of its value is centered on those two things.

As it was described to me, "Reputations are like eggs; difficult and time-consuming to create, fragile, very difficult to repair when damaged, and able to be destroyed permanently in an instant."

Larry

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only know of creamtone though wizz pickups, he posted something on their Facebook page. Seems a rum do all round. This post makes me wonder if he’s now spinning the negative press he has been getting as a positive???

6BE59247-B992-4D5E-B879-52CB23008348.jpg

larryguitar

Reaction score
I only know of creamtone though wizz pickups, he posted something on their Facebook page. Seems a rum do all round. This post makes me wonder if he’s now spinning the negative press he has been getting as a positive???

View attachment 535569
This is what tap-dancing on the grave of your company must look like.

Larry

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Reaction score
How ignorant do you have to be to have a captive audience of rabid purchasers of grossly overpriced plastic bits and still find a way to fuck up every ounce of your credibility? This guy is a goddamn moron.

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is the second post i wrote on Facebook, since he seems to be active there, just mentioning my order number, and the fact that he told me on March 29, that the order i placed February 26, was in fact shipped,but it looks like Usps lost it, so he told me he would reship my order with upgraded shipping and a new tracking number, however the new tracking number,says the same as the oold one did,and i dont have my parts.In this case ,its not about him being behind,witch i would understand, but ??? I figured id let him know since he thanked me for letting him know,that i never got my stuff when i contacted him on March 29,as he said he would never have known that the package was “Lost”...and me mentioned that he had plenty of the parts,i orderd,as he just made more of them the night before..

however ,i cant get an answer.I understand that there are people that have been waiting longer

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

View attachment 535569
I see. Dated 04 May.

So he's got time for facebook.

What about his kid? Isn't that the excuse?

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see. Dated 04 May.

So he's got time for facebook.

What about his kid? Isn't that the excuse?
Well the excuse he gave me ,was he shipped my parts, as you probally read from my above post,however it looks like USPS, lost the package.,so im going to ship your parts out again tomorrow,with upgraded shipping....”I have plenty of the parts”.. i actually cut more last night.

Origional order placed Feb 26,2021,called and was told the above, March 29,2021...the new tracking number he sent on March 30,2021 still says the same...usps awaiting item

madsedan

Reaction score
When I asked him about my order for a plastics set for one of my LP's, after over a month of waiting, he cancelled the order and refunded the money lol.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I asked him about my order for a plastics set for one of my LP's, after over a month of waiting, he cancelled the order and refunded the money lol.
Maybe I should do that since I'm over 60 days on the CC and can't chargeback.

Comenity makes chargebacks a PITA.
Has to be within 60 days, and has to be done in writing using snail mail

Snail mail? I'd have had to mail the charge protest the week before the charge

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dude has plenty of time for the obligatory useless posts on his personal Facebook page, but your orders? Probably not. Fuck this guy.
Yeah, im well over my chargeback abilities as well.I actually started the process, and gave the bank all the info they needed, Screenshots of my repeated phone calls, emails..etc....but in the last minute i thought i would give him the benefit of the doubt.I was wrong, at least im only out $61

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Reaction score
Yeah, im well over my chargeback abilities as well.I actually started the process, and gave the bank all the info they needed, Screenshots of my repeated phone calls, emails..etc....but in the last minute i thought i would give him the benefit of the doubt.I was wrong, at least im only out $61
I’m sure his wife enjoyed a wonderful Mother’s Day brunch with your (and others) money.

Latest Threads