CreamTone

bad565ss

Reaction score
I get it. I was sort of implying that that things probably aren't going to get any better unfortunately. I guess I should have just said it.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
Here is my take.....
Is Lonnie a good hearted guy with good intentions...YES.
Did his son really get injured? YES, it appears so. I’ve spoken with Lonnie personally over the years, and he posted a video of his son on social media before heading into surgery.

All of that said, even before this incident, he had a horrible track record of communicating with his customers. He has posted an angry response to this on social media regarding people canceling their orders and asking for refunds.

Dude....what do you expect? I’m in commission sales, and I have a disabled daughter. My clients and employer are ULTRA understanding if I have to cancel appointments or reschedule them....IF I COMMUNICATE THIS TO THEM.

In one breathe, he says it’s how he supports his family, and in another, it’s basically “Place your order and F off”. Ya can’t do that and succeed Lonnie.

If you are months behind, for WHATEVER reason, then Stop taking orders instead of expecting your customers not to order if they don’t want to wait indefinitely with no communication from you. At the very least, put it on your website that orders are taking X amount of weeks to fill.

As a Dad, I feel bad about what happened to his son, but if this is how he supports his family, he had better step it up or expect exactly what is happening to happen.

Here are some screen shots....you decide....

CD5BFB79-5B83-40F8-B877-58F5968CB39B.png
5D942005-5585-4955-9849-A90E61AC7CC8.png
266553A2-C609-4240-BBEF-C876713DA653.png
BBA1594C-2EFC-4686-85CD-C8A54A25EE68.png

Attachments

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
He has several “it doesn’t matter Lonnie, screw the haters” comments, and dismisses or deletes the others.
I guess what the rah rah people don’t get is that nobody is faulting him for the products quality or in most cases, even the wait time. It’s the lack of being informed of expected wait time, both up front and/or during the process. Ya can’t have it both ways...either let people know up front, or don’t get pissy about issuing refunds to PayPal and credit cards when you have people’s $ and don’t communicate.

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have waited many months since Jan 2020 for various amps and guitars and parts to be delivered. In all cases, I was told up front that certain things I wanted could take 8-12 weeks or more. Fair enough.

His reputation has pre-empted and cancelled a lot of sales.

BDW60

Reaction score
This is not complicated. Either be a businessman, or don’t. If you can’t deliver your products in a timely way, stop taking orders until you get caught up. It’s much better that your business takes a momentum hit than a reputation hit. The first is just a setback, the second is damaging. Especially in the internet era.

madsedan

Reaction score
What's crazy about this is that most of us know going in what we are getting. All we want is communication of what to expect, and he can't even quantify that. And his supporters just berate anyone asking a perfectly appropriate question as if they are being ridiculous asking about two month orders.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Lonnie cancelled this guys order that was a month old and then told him to f*** off just for asking nicely about an ETA for parts. View attachment 534415
This kind of hate directed at customers who for the most part just want to know what's going on, is inexcusable.

The kid took a terrible fall. Broke both arms. That's rough. Poor fella. I get it, you're directing your attention to your son's healing. Good deal.

But you have no minute in a day's 1440 minutes to write something, a blanket statement to let people know you're back in your shop? As you stated? One update a day, then do what you do for 1,339 minutes. Spend whatever portion of that you are willing to put in the shop; one hour, two, three, then the rest on your son. And let people know what you're up to.

There is no excuse for no communication, and this "not knowing what's up" is the number one factor in people wanting refunds.

It's so easy. And people are big and gracious about such things if you would only keep in touch with them.

But no. Play the angry card. All the customers are "bad" because you fell behind and they did the Cardinal Sin of inquiring.

I've seen this so many times. It's friggin' textbook.

SI49

Reaction score
Didn't want to make this post, but here it goes:

I ordered a USA upgrade set (pickguard, rings, etc). Rings don't fit the pickguard and best of all, the poker chip font is completely missing (I can see right through the chip).

Should I initiate a refund?

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I buy mismatched plastics (like a real Gibson has) from anywhere and everywhere. I would never deal with Creamtone.

madsedan

Reaction score
When you ignore customers attempts to get info on orders then what do you think is going to happen the first time you post on facebook in months, they all start asking questions.
I was really shocked at the hand full of defenders he had on facebook telling all these customers how ridiculous they were being, that they should have know there was months long wait for parts, etc. really crazy honestly.
And the "shitty" stuff posted by the guy told to fuck off was him defending himself to Lonnie supporters for asking about his order.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow.. Unbelievable.

This is called a "NIGYYSOB". "Now I Got You, You Son Of a Bitch"

Lay out bait, and then play your "wounded card" and let them have it, both barrels.

Cheap ass tactic to play on the sympathy of others.

"so what if you said something caring about my kid. You still asked about your order, and that makes you a heartless motherfucker who deserves to die by burning at the stake. "

He had better not show up around here, talking shit and yelling at people. Our response? I can promise everyone it won't be about his son, as he'd like it to be.

People were very patient, and very kind about is son's tragic accident. Broken arms are a bitch. I've suffered them too. And he treats these people as if they were dirt.

Latest Threads