CreamTone

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d be more concerned with the fact that you’re not buying actual .022mfd 400v bumblebees, which is the correct spec for late 50s LP harnesses. The microfarad, voltage, and tolerance ratings are designated by the color stripes on the body of the capacitor. A correct .022 400v +/-20% cap is shown below (red, red, orange, black, yellow). Your set, as designated by the color code, are .047mfd 200v +/-20% - which is basically a Fender (single coil) tone cap, spec wise... although the bee caps weren’t used in Fenders.

AFE6C7F0-4759-42D0-9FC3-F854D85A0A44.jpeg

Frethead

Reaction score
I have since been contacted by Lonnie and a solution is underway. I'll be returning the item for a couple things that are a bit more cost wise, but he offered to just do an even exchange with no additional charge since it's taken so long. So thanks again, Lonnie.

Just thought I'd give an update on this since I did speak poorly of them in my last post. Didn't want to leave it like that

Neemo

Reaction score
To follow up from my message above.

I just got off the phone with Lonnie and he explained that he has been waiting on a shipment of CTS pots which are due to arrive shortly.

He explained that he doesnt check email, forums or social media these days, so the best way to contact him is by phone, he also said that he will look into why the support emails arent being returned.

He also thanks everyone for their patience.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
He explained that he doesnt check email, forums or social media these days, so the best way to contact him is by phone, he also said that he will look into why the support emails arent being returned.
Sounds like a good business plan.

Latest Threads