CreamTone

dCi_king

Reaction score
You need to look harder! Here’s a pair of vintage bumble bees... see the blob of solder , that’s where they extend (Or don’t) the leg. Not a defect, not incorrect. Most of the ones I buy come with the little stub leg that I extend (or don’t) dependent on application.View attachment 427459

That is not where they extend or not the cap. That is where the cap is sealed in order to do not lose the oil.

dCi_king

Reaction score
Indeed. That blob it's where you solder the leg to the oil fill tube, which does goes into the cap. No defective at all. I can understand that the guy wants symmetry for the eye, but this is NOT affecting the functionality, at all. I've seen many real vintage cavities, showing the same situation.

I think many are used to reissue caps, which are just mylar caps hidden into a fake bumblebee body, like these;

Yes. You are right. The problem is probably only a visual effect. I think they work properly.

The pic you show is not of a PIO cap which is the one with the soldered leg, they are Mylar Bumblebees caps (not PIO's). Many pepople do not know what they are buying.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
The pic you show is not of a PIO cap which is the one with the soldered leg, they are Mylar Bumblebees caps (not PIO's). Many pepople do not know what they are buying.
It's exactly what I said. Those are fake reissues, like those Gibson uses on reissues. Was supposed to show how the legs in those reissues are just passing through the fake body, while a real one has a oil filler terminal, where you do solder a leg, if needed.

I know how a PIO cap looks. :)

musicmaniac

Reaction score
I see what you're saying and I'm sure it'll be taken care of. I was hoping this new post was some kind of super Christmas sale. :naughty:

dCi_king

Reaction score
These are the caps Creamtone offer on their website. Do you see one of them with the short leg mine came with?

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he will take care of your expectations. Still not a defective product, just not symmetric like you were expecting, which is fine, given the price tag.

He once sent me a completely new kit, because of a small issue, and didn't even asked the other back. ;)

dCi_king

Reaction score
I'm sure he will take care of your expectations. Still not a defective product, just not symmetric like you were expecting, which is fine, given the price tag.

He once sent me a completely new kit, because of a small issue, and didn't even asked the other back. ;)
Then definetly he is a great seller. Lucky you. I will keep you updated, guys.

Thank you all for the replies.

dCi_king

Reaction score
Finally Lonnie solve my problem and offer me two options:

1- Replace the "defective" cap.
2- Partial refund.

So great for Lonnie. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Frethead

Reaction score
About how many weeks does it usually take before someone from Creamtone responds to emails about an order they've received?

Ripgut

Reaction score
Day 13 since first email. Still no response.
He usually replies pretty quick, I would try emailing him again. I have gotten replies from him the same day. Last time was in December during the holidays and it took him like 3 or 4 days to respond.

Frethead

Reaction score
Multiple emails and also tried messaging on Facebook. Nah it's fairly obvious what's happening at this point. Ive experienced companies that were just simply unhelpful, but I gotta say this is the first time I think I've ever experienced a "company" just flat out ignoring someone.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
Multiple emails and also tried messaging on Facebook. Nah it's fairly obvious what's happening at this point. Ive experienced companies that were just simply unhelpful, but I gotta say this is the first time I think I've ever experienced a "company" just flat out ignoring someone.
Doesn’t this guy work with Mark of Mark’s Guitar Loft? Have you tried reaching out to him?