CreamTone

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last post on his Facebook page was July 22, 2021.

"This is where I make your parts. Good things take time.
I appreciate your patience more than you'll ever know."
"And I appreciate your money more than you'll ever get with customer fulfillment"
:eek:

Made addendum

Gtarzan81

Reaction score

"Your connection is not private​

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from creamtone.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more"

Not good. :hmm:
All that likely means is you need to renew your SSL cert for your website. Its a $30-50 problem depending on how your get your cert.

jhgyugt765tr

Reaction score
The site thing is not suspicious in itself. It means he's not renewed the SSL cert. Which means he's not managing his business. Which is why I contacted him over and over and finally had to do a chargeback on my credit card for parts I bought from him.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The site thing is not suspicious in itself. It means he's not renewed the SSL cert. Which means he's not managing his business. Which is why I contacted him over and over and finally had to do a chargeback on my credit card for parts I bought from him.
Unfortunately, my CC required the chargeback to be filed within 3 months.
I'm over 1 year now.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
I am now the US distributor for Montreux if you want to order local, same prices. Not trying to take business from Gord, just providing another option.
I see two pickguards listed, Historic 2008 older and newer. Will one of these fut the 2019 LP Standard?

Seeing your color comparison page, I'm almost happy that Lonnie never came through... his color still looks a bit lighter than what I had in mind.

acace

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I see two pickguards listed, Historic 2008 older and newer. Will one of these fut the 2019 LP Standard?

Seeing your color comparison page, I'm almost happy that Lonnie never came through... his color still looks a bit lighter than what I had in mind.
Historic 2008 - newer will fit.

Last edited:

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Reaction score
I am now the US distributor for Montreux if you want to order local, same prices. Not trying to take business from Gord, just providing another option.
Oh thats sweet, where do i go to buy? These are nice parts, so you have parts in the USA allready?

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Reaction score
Never mind i found your website, and it looks like some of the parts are actually cheaper? And free shipping? Nice

I definitely paid more for the 1959 Les paul toggle switch tip, im going to get one for my R0, and i need the black bonnet knobs for a 58’ Gibson flying V clone im having built

acace

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Never mind i found your website, and it looks like some of the parts are actually cheaper? And free shipping? Nice

I definitely paid more for the 1959 Les paul toggle switch tip, im going to get one for my R0, and i need the black bonnet knobs for a 58’ Gibson flying V clone im having built
Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. The Retrovibe parts are a little cheaper than the Time Machine stuff. Prices should be the same as the supplier in Canada

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Reaction score
Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. The Retrovibe parts are a little cheaper than the Time Machine stuff. Prices should be the same as the supplier in Canada
Yes sir, i am..,i only buy the Time Machine Collection stuff, i paid $28 for the Toggle switch tip for my 2019 R9…you have it for $18….Sold

Edit…i just confirmed this ,looking into my records.

$28 shipped for the toggle switch, so yes the prices maby are the same, just adding the shipping , brought the total to $28 from Canada

So this is a great, thing with the free shipping

Last edited:

pwhite

Reaction score
Things must be getting worse over there this showed up on CL this morning.

creamtone.JPG

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
3 months?

He might still get them.

I guess he's still working on filling orders from summer of 2020.....

v-man

Reaction score
Things must be getting worse over there this showed up on CL this morning.

View attachment 592880
As a general relic hater who has done/attempted some minor project aging in the past, WTF is that picture in the scam alert?! Is that a photo actually taken off the site with 100% factory fresh nuts, washers, and screws with patina all over the entirety of the tuner, where it should not be?

Either that pic should accompany a scam alert over shoddy workmanship, or customers intentionally ordering what was pictured have no sense whatsoever.

bluesoul

Reaction score
Glad I stumbled onto this thread. You sir have a new order placed minutes ago!

Jungle

Reaction score
I made orders at Creamtone for my Ebony SG '61 RI Ltd Edition, parts arrived quickly without issue.

Thank you Lonnie !

Gibson SG '61 Proprietary 52.JPG

Jungle

Reaction score
From Creamtone Facebook page:

I apologize to every customer and friend that I've let down in the past months. I've been difficult to reach, slow to ship, and it's all on me. No excuses.
For those of you who may not know, CreamTone is not a big company. It's just me, Lonnie. I started it in 2013 when all I wanted was a little extra pocket money to buy guitars. Within 3 years, I quit my day job and started doing CreamTone full time. By 2019, I had a good team and we were kicking ass. Nashville was interested and big names like Vic DaPra were shouting our praises!
Then came 2020 and I found myself back in my garage, all by myself. By then, I was convinced I was a rock star and I could do anything, so I let too many orders pour in. I got by for a while but when 2021 came I got buried beneath the shear volume of them. I've also had a few interruptions in my personal life that my friends here know all about, but that's another story. I never missed one day of work, but I decided that my time was better spent filling orders than answering emails or phone calls. That was my biggest mistake.
It's so clear to me now that you don't mind waiting, you just want me to tell you it's all good. I fucked up royally. And that's as honest as I can be with you. I'm sorry.
I'm going to pick up the phone every time I hear it ring. Please don't email me. I'd much rather talk to you. 615.237.1908.
I appreciate every one of you! Your patience has meant the world to me. I'm not done! Not by a long shot.
Cheers!
Lonnie

Latest Threads