CreamTone

CreamTone

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I'm very excited to announce the launch of CreamTone!

We specialize in Historic-spec parts that fit USA Les Paul Standards, Traditionals, Studios, Specials and Juniors. We also have a killer overdrive pedal, the Creamsicle, and we wind top-shelf pickups, the A3 Deluxe humbuckers and the A5 Deluxe P-90s. These products are proudly handcrafted in the USA.

All together, CreamTone is a team of 5 guys across the country, each with his own area of expertise.

We're on the web at creamtone.com, but it's still in the "coming soon" phase, however we are live now on Facebook at facebook.com/creamtone.

I will be posting threads on our individual products very soon, but in the meantime, please stop by the Facebook page and have a look around!

Cheers!
Lonnie

Have FUN

Reaction score
I want to put an order but the ''Check Out" button don' t work.

horseman

Premium Member
Reaction score
so you just delete my comment as it was a complaint???? and still i do not have the part. "well done", excellent customer service

Jim Klein

Reaction score
just received a set of creamtone's absolute vintage plastic for my 2013 R9..fantastic!! love the color of the rings , perfect fit. the new back plates finally have the bevels right. my son took some before and after shots .I'll try to get them posted today. the thin thumbwheels make a big tone difference in a very good way.also got the pickguard, poker chip,t/r cover and jackplate ,even got the right screws..very impressed.Lonnie knocked this out of the park.. if you want to go the distance in making your reissue just that much closer to the real thing these are the best parts being made. perfect!

dCi_king

Reaction score
I want to share with you guys what I have received yesterday, so thank you for this sloppy soldered cap.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I see what you're saying. Just contact them and ask for an exchange for one with proper leads on the caps. For the cost of those it should be made right.

dCi_king

Reaction score
I see what you're saying. Just contact them and ask for an exchange for one with proper leads on the caps. For the cost of those it should be made right.
E-mail sent. I will keep you updated.

sk8rat

Reaction score
looks fine to me :dunno:

I heard directly soldering caps to pots is how slash got his tone.

dCi_king

Reaction score
looks fine to me :dunno:

I heard directly soldering caps to pots is how slash got his tone.
Do you think you would be able to install this cap on another guitar if you wanted to?

This is the cavity of Slash's AFD Les paul.

Last edited:

PierM

Reaction score
I dont understand this behavior. Before to complain in public, you should at least try to discuss the problem with the seller. Im sure if there is a problem, he will find a solution.

dCi_king

Reaction score
I dont understand this behavior. Before to complain in public, you should at least try to discuss the problem with the seller. Im sure if there is a problem, he will find a solution.
I share this in public before contacting him, because I wanted to know the forum members' opinion on this messy cap, not your personal veredict about my behavior.

Anyway, I have already contacted him and I have said that I will share his answer with you.

lvrpool32

Premium Member
Reaction score
Lonnie is one of the best vendors out there, he will make it right, if there's anything to make right!. It's sold as a les paul wiring kit and it obviously fits a Les Paul, so there's nothing wrong with it. Does it function correctly?

dCi_king

Reaction score
Lonnie is one of the best vendors out there, he will make it right, if there's anything to make right!. It's sold as a les paul wiring kit and it obviously fits a Les Paul, so there's nothing wrong with it. Does it function correctly?
Read the post #9.

A cap, is a cap and everyone should have a minimum length. I have not seen before one of them with this ridiculous shorted leg. It's almost defective. That quality definitely is not what I paid for...

This is the drifted PIO cap they announce at the store.

Last edited:

PierM

Reaction score
You need to look harder! Here’s a pair of vintage bumble bees... see the blob of solder , that’s where they extend (Or don’t) the leg. Not a defect, not incorrect. Most of the ones I buy come with the little stub leg that I extend (or don’t) dependent on application.View attachment 427459
Indeed. That blob it's where you solder the leg to the oil fill tube, which does goes into the cap. No defective at all. I can understand that the guy wants symmetry for the eye, but this is NOT affecting the functionality, at all. I've seen many real vintage cavities, showing the same situation.

I think many are used to reissue caps, which are just mylar caps hidden into a fake bumblebee body, like these;

Latest Threads