Creamtone Issues

none2low

Reaction score
For S&G just ordered a single ply Jr truss rod cover. We'll see if his message about only selling items readily avail for shipping is sincere.

irocdave12

Reaction score
This is Creamtone direct phone number. (615) 237-1908 I know people have been asking for it and its been taken down from their site and is no longer being advertised

Last edited:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don’t mean any disrespect to anyone, but at this point you’d have to be crazy to order anything from this guy.

From the ridiculous wait times, zero communication, and him saying “fuck you” to a customer, there is no way I’d give him a dime. Especially since there are other outlets selling the same items and even better ones.

kecom

Reaction score
Maybe Robert Mosely is a doosh..... :rofl:

Honestly if y'all don't like Creamtone just buy what he offers somewhere else.....
When you
Maybe Robert Mosely is a doosh..... :rofl:

Honestly if y'all don't like Creamtone just buy what he offers somewhere else.....
I think it's safe to say after all the posts, and the consistency with them, that someone with below average intelligence can conclude with 99.99 percent accuracy that Robert Mosley isn't the problem.

kecom

Reaction score
I don’t mean any disrespect to anyone, but at this point you’d have to be crazy to order anything from this guy.

From the ridiculous wait times, zero communication, and him saying “fuck you” to a customer, there is no way I’d give him a dime. Especially since there are other outlets selling the same items and even better ones.
I am so glad I read this thread as I was going to order something today from them. You saved me a headache. Thanks!
What is so messed up is that so many people only have the Facebook page to read any reviews about him, he is not on Yelp, Google, or any other review site.....most people don't go to Facebook to read reviews. I'm pretty sure that is not by accident.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Yesterday on Facebook.

Hi there!

I'm back! My son is completely healed, although he has metal plates in his arms. Airport security is going to be fun for the rest of his life.

I'm back in the shop full time starting today. Please place your orders, and expect the same quality and attention to detail you've come to expect from my handcrafted parts.

Cheers!

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yesterday on Facebook.

Hi there!

I'm back! My son is completely healed, although he has metal plates in his arms. Airport security is going to be fun for the rest of his life.

I'm back in the shop full time starting today. Please place your orders, and expect the same quality and attention to detail you've come to expect from my handcrafted parts.

Cheers!
My response to him is the same as he gave to his customer….

Fuck you! Yes I said it.

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Yesterday on Facebook.

Hi there!

Cheers!
Unreal.

I had $250 worth of his stuff in my online basket before I read the thread here a few weeks back about his, uh... situation. And his (expletives) customer service.

So thank you MyLesPaul members for brining this to my attention and helping me make an informed purchasing decision. I'm happy to say I spent my $250 somewhere else and promptly received the items I paid for and am very happy with them.

Hecubus

Reaction score
Bottom Line Lesson Up Front: If you are going to do this as a business, set yourself up for success. If you are a craftsman, engineer, inventor, artist and you don't have business skills, get/pay someone who does to help you. You may have the best product in the world, but if you can't produce and deliver to meet demand, folks will go elsewhere.

If you want to be a one man show and do everything yourself. Sell only what you have already produced or limit the number of orders to what you can provide. That is what Ebay, Etsy, or Reverb are for.

I feel like I have read this same story so many times over the years.
Dude starts making parts, pedals, pickups mostly as a hobby but doesn't mind the extra cash.
Internet hype, word of mouth, and good quality products at low volumes propels him to the next level of business.
Dude polishes up the website, forms a legit business on paper, looks like he has his stuff together and continues to pump out quality products.

THEN...

Either Dude realizes he can't do everything himself and hires some help, outsources, and grows his business, continuing to provide decent quality...

OR...

Dude continues to think he can do everything himself and is the victim of his his own success. Orders come in and can't be fulfilled. Some life event takes control of his time and attention. Orders keep coming in. Product can't be produced or delivered fast enough. He tries raising prices, but that just makes people more interested. Overwhelmed and overcome by stress, Dude stops communicating. Money keeps coming in, orders trickle out. The internet strikes back. Threads about experiences start floating around. Dude gets defensive or starts making excuses. "I'm only one guy working out of my garage/basement". The occasional Dude may put on a stop on new orders until he can catch up. The internet forgives but most go elsewhere. Others just keep letting the money come in until they realize they've reached the point of no return or their rep is so tarnished that no one wants to do business with them anymore.

As I write this, at least five businesses came to mind in detail and I know there are plenty more.

Nimco

Reaction score
Living in the UK, the main reason I enjoy buying from yanks is the truly unrivaled customer service. It is always a pleasure dealing with American companies that place the customer first.

I have to put in a good word for Philadelphia Luthiers as an example of a company I just dealt with. Endless patience and prompt email responses that helped me find what I needed, and for a small order of £50 nonetheless.

Creamtone, with their 'don't open a dispute or we won't respond' approach and lack of communication, was the worst experience I've had for a while, and I never got to purchasing anything.

If you live across the pond, you have no reason to purchase from them. Your choices are limitless.

irocdave12

Reaction score
For all the negative stuff going on and being said regarding Creamtone, I at least wanted to share some positive news and give some of you guys frustrated with delays hope……hopefully. On Tuesday I rang up Creamtone on the phone and Lonnie answered. After talking for a few minutes he helped me put together an order of stuff he had in stock and ready to go. He then sent me an invoice that I paid. My entire order just showed up a few minutes ago and everything is perfect with it. So I know hearing that is going to piss off a few of you guys that have been waiting that I got my stuff in 2 days but hoping for everyone that it won’t be much longer here before you get what you are owed.

DocGid

Reaction score
For all the negative stuff going on and being said regarding Creamtone, I at least wanted to share some positive news and give some of you guys frustrated with delays hope……hopefully. On Tuesday I rang up Creamtone on the phone and Lonnie answered. After talking for a few minutes he helped me put together an order of stuff he had in stock and ready to go. He then sent me an invoice that I paid. My entire order just showed up a few minutes ago and everything is perfect with it. So I know hearing that is going to piss off a few of you guys that have been waiting that I got my stuff in 2 days but hoping for everyone that it won’t be much longer here before you get what you are owed.
I’m glad it worked out for you. There are guys that never opened a dispute that have been waiting months and still haven’t received their goods.

Can we assume that Creamtone is back functioning appropriately now? I think your experience is still the exception, rather than the rule.

Creamtone has had these issues previously with orders, then back on track (and from what I’ve read, that cycle has happened more than once).

Glad it worked out well for you, but I don’t know why he’d fulfill your order when he has guys that have been waiting as long as they have.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
As I write this, at least five businesses came to mind in detail and I know there are plenty more.
Your whole post is absolutely correct but there's nothing wrong with being built up and having excessive long wait times if you are up front about it and don't take people's money, that's what distinguishes men from douchebags. Tom Holmes, Paul Cochrane, Dan Strain (used to before he went dealer exclusive) come to mind. You get on their waiting lists and you don't pay them a dime until your gear is ready. It's too bad guys like Lonnie or, say, Ian Anderson keep accepting new orders and taking money when they can't deliver.

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
hope for customers he told to fuck off? folks that have been waiting months going on a year or more for orders..?

I do hope those customers find some hope in your post. it would actually irritate me to know that someone who placed an order months and months after mine, and got it in days, while I'm still empty handed.

every business related effort should go to paid orders. those few minutes it took him to talk to you on the phone and ship your order? he shoulda been heads down whittling and aging plastics for an unfilled order.

anyway. glad you got a delivery.

for the other guys.. there's "hope" !!

irocdave12

Reaction score
hope for customers he told to fuck off? folks that have been waiting months going on a year or more for orders..?

I do hope those customers find some hope in your post. it would actually irritate me to know that someone who placed an order months and months after mine, and got it in days, while I'm still empty handed.

every business related effort should go to paid orders. those few minutes it took him to talk to you on the phone and ship your order? he shoulda been heads down whittling and aging plastics for an unfilled order.

anyway. glad you got a delivery.

for the other guys.. there's "hope" !!
My post wasn’t meant to stoke anyone’s anger any further and I certainly don’t back up any of cursing out customers as being ok. I ordered simple stuff that was basically throw it in a box from off the shelf and send it. None of what I got was aged or special order. Just some basic in stock plastics. My point was to make it known I called…he answered the phone. He’s in his shop doing something at least. Hopefully its getting caught up with whatever he is behind on. But no business that I know of is going to turn away a simple sale they can fulfill in 5 mins and make their profit. Yes I get your moral issue of spending his time catching up but we are talking real world here. Hopefully now that he’s supposedly back in the shop full time for the first time in awhile others can reach him on the phone and start to get their money back or their issues straightened out. But I certainly didn’t post to cause sour grapes for anyone or get flamed myself for letting it be known.

Latest Threads