Creamtone Issues

Saiko

Reaction score
I never assumed that he made everything himself but I know he cuts his own pickguards and what not and I know that his products are awesome and cannot be beat for the price. I hope he gets his other issues sorted out though because he seems like a good guy but at the same time a lot of other small businesses (Jackson Electronic Luthier comes to mind) will actually stop taking orders for a while until they get caught up. That is perhaps something Lonnie should consider doing from time to time.

That being said, I will tell everyone here if you have not purchased from him before, his stuff is top-notch and worth the money once you get it.

Last edited:

Dogbreath

Reaction score
I never assumed that he made everything himself but I know he cuts his own pickguards and what not and I know that his products are awesome and cannot be beat for the price. I hope he gets his other issues sorted out though because he seems like a good guy but at the same time a lot of other small businesses (Jackson Electronic Luthier comes to mind) well actually stop taking orders for a while until they get caught up. That is perhaps something Lonnie should consider doing from time to time.

That being said, I will tell everyone here if you have not purchased from him before, his stuff is top-notch and worth the money once you get it.
Well said

PageSide84

Reaction score
I ordered an Absolute Vintage jack plate from him. I guess he's taking the vintage part very seriously, which is why he's waiting to ship it to me.

Edit: Full disclosure: It hasn't been that long. I just wanted to make the joke.

Last edited:

PageSide84

Reaction score
So how long are the wait times people are actually seeing? Is it that orders are just taking longer, or are they just not being filled at all?

David Garner

Reaction score
So how long are the wait times people are actually seeing? Is it that orders are just taking longer, or are they just not being filled at all?
I ordered mine on the 11th. So I'm at 3 weeks and counting now. He's issued the shipping notice, but per the email he'll notify when it actually ships, so I'm still waiting for that one. USPS still shows it as pending receipt.

This stuff is worth the wait. I have Creamtone brackets on both my LPs, and I had a set of their tophats I foolishly sold during a period when I thought I preferred speed knobs.

Saiko

Reaction score
Since I know some folks are watching this thread... I ordered just a standard Les Paul pickguard on February 24th and it has yet to ship. I have not emailed Lonnie yet but if you are considering ordering from him you will be in for a long wait.

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I know some folks are watching this thread... I ordered just a standard Les Paul pickguard on February 24th and it has yet to ship. I have not emailed Lonnie yet but if you are considering ordering from him you will be in for a long wait.

Geez... that's like almost a month :facepalm:

PageSide84

Reaction score
Ordered a jackplate Feb 22. Still nothing. I've tried to cancel and have heard nothing. I'd be jackplateless if not for the generosity of a fellow forum member.

Nimco

Reaction score
Tried contacting them twice for potential orders in the last year and have not received any response.

Gibsonrocknroll

Reaction score
I was going to order two pickguards but seeing the wait time and no response from the vendor I'm going to pass. Anyone know a website where I can purchase pickguards that are close to the color of the Gibson Historic pickup rings.

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
I was going to order two pickguards but seeing the wait time and no response from the vendor I'm going to pass. Anyone know a website where I can purchase pickguards that are close to the color of the Gibson Historic pickup rings.
Too be honest, ive orderd plastic parts from Cremtone, like the Poker chips and back plates for my R9 and R0, and the parts are really nice, the poker chip is more of a Bone white, compared to the stock Gibson Historic parts, witch i read is more accurate of a color to the origionals.

However, i then tried Montreux Time machine collection parts, and orderd a couple poker chips from them as well, and those Poker chips are labeled as Creme color, and match the stock Historic parts more closely, if that helps

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
Damn, missed this thread. Just ordered a wraparound bridge :(

Yeah, its a shame i dont know whats going on.On my last orders i got great service,and parts.Now i placed an order towards the end of February, and called CT on March 30,2021 after i still did t get my parts, and was told, that They must have gotten lost during shipping, and was given a new tracking # and was told that a replacement order was shipped.A few days later the new tracking # still said that the carrier is still waiting to recieve the package, so i tried calling and emailing to no avail.Today i am still trying to get ahold of CT and still do t have my stuff.

Ill keep you updated

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its a shame i dont know whats going on.On my last orders i got great service,and parts.Now i placed an order towards the end of February, and called CT on March 30,2021 after i still did t get my parts, and was told, that They must have gotten lost during shipping, and was given a new tracking # and was told that a replacement order was shipped.A few days later the new tracking # still said that the carrier is still waiting to recieve the package, so i tried calling and emailing to no avail.Today i am still trying to get ahold of CT and still do t have my stuff.

Ill keep you updated
Some us us have been waiting longer than that and never got tracking numbers.

Like the $600 I sent Patrick Simms at Simms Custom Shop, I've written it off as having been screwed by yet another "good guy"

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
Some us us have been waiting longer than that and never got tracking numbers.

Like the $600 I sent Patrick Simms at Simms Custom Shop, I've written it off as having been screwed by yet another "good guy"
Oh my god...that sucks im sorry that happend man

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Nintari

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm willing to. I run my own business. I've been underwater with work before. I know exactly what it's like.

But at some point you have to communicate. Just tell me what's going on, give me the option to cancel my order or wait, something. You can't just sit back and let stuff ride. Part of running a business is communicating with your customers.
I don't know anything about running a business but it seems to me, if a person finds themselves backed up to the point of ruining their business's reputation, it would probably be wise to stop taking orders altogether and let your customers know why. That would be (again, in my totally inexperience opinion) infinitely better in the long run than what's apparently happening in this case.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about running a business but it seems to me, if a person finds themselves backed up to the point of ruining their business's reputation, it would probably be wise to stop taking orders altogether and let your customers know why. That would be (again, in my totally inexperience opinion) infinitely better in the long run than what's apparently happening in this case.
Exactly.
A one man band is alternating feast and famine.
You spend a month drumming up sales, then spend a month filling orders, but the month you are filling orders, you've got nobody answering the phones or drumming up sales, so every other month, or quarter, you're alternating being swamped with work and barely keeping the lights on.
A VERY good businessman is able to find the balance and grow his business to the point that he can handle it without the need for others, which avoids the need for layoffs when sales slow, but it also limits the size of the business.
So the trick is to find THAT spot, then push it just a bit harder to the point that you know you can fully justify a 2nd body to work the phones and handle sales.

Latest Threads