Creamtone Issues

zak9990

Reaction score
PayPal decided to refund me after I opened a dispute. Glad that’s over and I get my money back.
What a joke.
At least you did it the right way, my dumbass opened an item not received dispute then when I read he had some family tragedy like his son falling out of a window I closed it feeling sorry for the guy and not wanting to add to his pile of misery.
Now I can't reopen it. Anyway, my own fault, I should have done some research. I'm a newcomer to this site, had I been on here back in Feb. I probably would have known. Hope I eventually get my $280 US order delivered.
( add 20% to that for the pleasure of being Canadian)

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least you did it the right way, my dumbass opened an item not received dispute then when I read he had some family tragedy like his son falling out of a window I closed it feeling sorry for the guy and not wanting to add to his pile of misery.
Now I can't reopen it. Anyway, my own fault, I should have done some research. I'm a newcomer to this site, had I been on here back in Feb. I probably would have known. Hope I eventually get my $280 US order delivered.
( add 20% to that for the pleasure of being Canadian)
I should have used Paypal, but I didn't.
Paid direct with the Visa.
No fraudulent charges have appeared (other than the order itself), but my CC company only gives me 90 days from the statement following the purchase to initiate the charge back, and it has to be done in writing.

endial

Reaction score
8:00 pm - ish, Saturday, the tenth, on fb:

"
I apologize to every customer and friend that I've let down in the past months. I've been difficult to reach, slow to ship, and it's all on me. No excuses.
For those of you who may not know, CreamTone is not a big company. It's just me, Lonnie. I started it in 2013 when all I wanted was a little extra pocket money to buy guitars. Within 3 years, I quit my day job and started doing CreamTone full time. By 2019, I had a good team and we were kicking ass. Nashville was interested and big names like Vic DaPra were shouting our praises!
Then came 2020 and I found myself back in my garage, all by myself. By then, I was convinced I was a rock star and I could do anything, so I let too many orders pour in. I got by for a while but when 2021 came I got buried beneath the shear volume of them. I've also had a few interruptions in my personal life that my friends here know all about, but that's another story. I never missed one day of work, but I decided that my time was better spent filling orders than answering emails or phone calls. That was my biggest mistake. And that's as honest as I can be with you.
I'm going to streamline the number of products on the website over the next days so that I'm only offering what's in stock and ready to rock! And I'm going to pick up the phone every time I hear it ring. Please don't email me. I'd much rather talk to you.
I appreciate every one of you! Your patience has meant the world to me. I'm not done! Not by a long shot.
Cheers!
Lonnie

"

I have no other comment, just 'reporting' in to the thread.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
8:00 pm - ish, Saturday, the tenth, on fb:

"
I apologize to every customer and friend that I've let down in the past months. I've been difficult to reach, slow to ship, and it's all on me. No excuses.
For those of you who may not know, CreamTone is not a big company. It's just me, Lonnie. I started it in 2013 when all I wanted was a little extra pocket money to buy guitars. Within 3 years, I quit my day job and started doing CreamTone full time. By 2019, I had a good team and we were kicking ass. Nashville was interested and big names like Vic DaPra were shouting our praises!
Then came 2020 and I found myself back in my garage, all by myself. By then, I was convinced I was a rock star and I could do anything, so I let too many orders pour in. I got by for a while but when 2021 came I got buried beneath the shear volume of them. I've also had a few interruptions in my personal life that my friends here know all about, but that's another story. I never missed one day of work, but I decided that my time was better spent filling orders than answering emails or phone calls. That was my biggest mistake. And that's as honest as I can be with you.
I'm going to streamline the number of products on the website over the next days so that I'm only offering what's in stock and ready to rock! And I'm going to pick up the phone every time I hear it ring. Please don't email me. I'd much rather talk to you.
I appreciate every one of you! Your patience has meant the world to me. I'm not done! Not by a long shot.
Cheers!
Lonnie

"

I have no other comment, just 'reporting' in to the thread.
That's not much different from what he posted on the forum here a couple of weeks ago.

And a couple of people posted that they ordered from him and it arrived quickly.

Goody for them.

But those of us who ordered 3, 4, 5, 6 months, or more ago, are still sitting here with no parts AND no money.

If he's going to admit that he has too many orders, and is going to "streamline" things, that implies that products that he carried 6 months ago are no longer going to be carried.
He should be proactively issuing refunds to EVERYONE who has been waiting more than 2 months, with an apology, and invitation to reorder, listing parts that ARE available.

Honestly, at this point, I don't GAF about the parts anymore.
I'd like my $100 back.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
It's funny, this was a repost, the first was deleted because several guys commented that they placed orders in March/April/May and we're still waiting. You know a business is done when you see stuff like that. If Lonnie blocked those guys, you know the business is truly done.

B2EC359E-AB80-4827-967C-5C0BA352561E.jpeg

Last edited:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘Please don’t email me, I prefer not to leave a paper trial I can be held accountable to’

what a dirt bag
Ya... "My mistake was not answering the phone"

No, answering the phone is a big mistake, because a 30 second email response will turn into an hour long phone conversation because you, and I, and everyone else on this forum will yap for hours about gear, so 8 phone calls and now you've lost an entire day of productivity.

Handle business via email.
Hire someone, or talk a family member, into handling the phones.

socialhero

Reaction score
Bruce Bennett told me things this Lonnie guy is saying basically verbatim.

“Mea culpa...but, it’s my fault but it’s not really my fault. Also, I’m still taking orders and I’m on the right side of it because I’ve learned.”

Put up, shut up, pay up, or close up.

Sorry for everybody getting raked by this guy.

Overture

Reaction score
@zak9990 I assume he didn't even respond at any point in the dispute? That's how it was for me. I opened it, it hit a deadline, I got my money back. Not a word.

zak9990

Reaction score
Yeah, me too . I guess he just ignored it. Luckily for me Pay Pal reopened my dispute when they checked that the tracking number was still inactive. He sends you a tracking # up front like it means something. On Facebook he recently posted poker chips will ship the next day!

zak9990

Reaction score
Where is the best best place to get a set of 59 rings and poker chip ? Area59 or Montreux .......etc.
I better do my homework this time. The rings on my 82 Heritage 80 are getting out of shape.......(just like me)
I guess it's called Dad bod nowadays
........I would appreciate some help.......
Thanks

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't ordered anything from him and never will.

I'm just a simple redneck.... Screw friends and you don't come out of that rep. We don't play that shit...

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Where is the best best place to get a set of 59 rings and poker chip ? Area59 or Montreux .......etc.
I better do my homework this time. The rings on my 82 Heritage 80 are getting out of shape.......(just like me)
I guess it's called Dad bod nowadays
........I would appreciate some help.......
Thanks
Montreux.

Latest Threads