Creamtone - incomplete order and no answer

horseman

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am a long time customer, bought thousands of dollars in parts from creamtone over the years. Absolutely top notch products and customer service, that I had to use once, a set of knobs were sent wrong and they sent me even before I sent back.

Well, until now.
I bought a set of aged grover gold tuners, nothing too expensive but still when I got, it was beautiful. Another top notch job on the aging. BUT one of the screws were missing. No big deal I though, but turns that it is.

I sent several emails with no answer. One a day for a week. After a week I did also sent a question via their customer service. Absolutely no response. Nothing. Like is my problem that my order is incomplete. I really wanted to resolve this matter the easiest way, a reply with a message - the missing screw is on its way. Thats it. I dont care for an apology, not even for a 'hi', for nothing else but the stuff I've paid for.
With no answer I had to raise a credit card complaint requesting the missing screw to be sent so I can actually have my guitar ready.

Posted on their intro post here, in hope someone would reply to me. No. They did delete my post. You are not allowed to complain and try to get what you bought. I am sure this will be deleted as well as probably I will be black listed by them and / or the forum. For just trying to receive what i have bought. One freaking screw. Which seems to be my problem.

For the admins - if the post should not be here, please move accordingly.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
Facebook post Sept 25:

CreamTone
September 25 at 8:41 PM ·
For those who have sent emails and received no response, I apologize.
We're averaging nearly 300 new emails per day and we simply can't read every one and still keep the shop running. At the moment, I have 1,740 unread messages. Pray for me.
;-)
Know that I'm working on a solution. First step: we've automated email updates on shipping and you will be notified several times along the way, from the time we print your label until your order is delivered. Every CreamTone part is made to order. Our process is described here: https://www.creamtone.com/pages/shipping-and-returns
I appreciate your patience and understanding during this bump in the road. This is happening because we're growing fast, and I appreciate every one of you!
Cheers!
Lonnie

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with an incomplete order.... Lonnie responded rather quickly with a “I apologize,... and we will send those right out”

He said that three times in four months..... I did finally got my order complete.....

Just my experience and I’m sure there are circumstances that I’m not aware of that was the issue. Shit happens.

MSB

Reaction score
doesn't everyone have a spare parts bin?

i get the "i want what I paid for," but given your history with the company, bless your heart

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
if you are purchasing a product, it does not matter if you have a spare parts bin, or if they have more emails than they can read, or anything else short of getting what you pay for....does not even matter if he was a first time customer.

Does shit happen, of course and you try to work with people, but regardless, he should have gotten an answer and a fix....not everyone reads or uses facebook, but at least they put something out there.

When you take into account that they are somewhat of a "speciality" shop and do boutique type work, that people pay a premium for, that just ups the ante on their end.

There's no excuse for this.

CreamTone

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Facebook post Sept 25:

CreamTone
September 25 at 8:41 PM ·
For those who have sent emails and received no response, I apologize.
We're averaging nearly 300 new emails per day and we simply can't read every one and still keep the shop running. At the moment, I have 1,740 unread messages. Pray for me.
;-)
Know that I'm working on a solution. First step: we've automated email updates on shipping and you will be notified several times along the way, from the time we print your label until your order is delivered. Every CreamTone part is made to order. Our process is described here: https://www.creamtone.com/pages/shipping-and-returns
I appreciate your patience and understanding during this bump in the road. This is happening because we're growing fast, and I appreciate every one of you!
Cheers!
Lonnie
I am a long time customer, bought thousands of dollars in parts from creamtone over the years. Absolutely top notch products and customer service, that I had to use once, a set of knobs were sent wrong and they sent me even before I sent back.

Well, until now.
I bought a set of aged grover gold tuners, nothing too expensive but still when I got, it was beautiful. Another top notch job on the aging. BUT one of the screws were missing. No big deal I though, but turns that it is.

I sent several emails with no answer. One a day for a week. After a week I did also sent a question via their customer service. Absolutely no response. Nothing. Like is my problem that my order is incomplete. I really wanted to resolve this matter the easiest way, a reply with a message - the missing screw is on its way. Thats it. I dont care for an apology, not even for a 'hi', for nothing else but the stuff I've paid for.
With no answer I had to raise a credit card complaint requesting the missing screw to be sent so I can actually have my guitar ready.

Posted on their intro post here, in hope someone would reply to me. No. They did delete my post. You are not allowed to complain and try to get what you bought. I am sure this will be deleted as well as probably I will be black listed by them and / or the forum. For just trying to receive what i have bought. One freaking screw. Which seems to be my problem.

i sincerely apologize. The screw will be in the mail ASAP.

Cheers!
Lonnie

Well, until now.

I sincerely apologize. I’m sending the screw right out. Cheers!
Lonnie

CreamTone

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all!
First of all, everything the OP said is true. Since Summer NAMM in Nashville, our business has grown at an unexpected rate, and we got clobbered with an average of 300 emails a day, and our team wasn't prepared for it. I dropped the ball.

As of today, everything is back under control. We've set up automatic emails to advise customers of their order's progress. The majority of our messages were from customers asking when they could expect their parts to be delivered. With that out of the way, the list is much more manageable. For example, today I was able to respond to every technical question we received in just an hour. That's progress!

I have personally called the OP and explained the situation, and offered an apology which he generously accepted. I sent the screw Priority Mail, along with a $50 CreamTone gift card good toward any item on our site.

Our customers always come first. From this point forward, we're looking up!

Cheers!
Lonnie

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't been a customer, and being a Canadian likely negates me being one, but as Shane at the Toucan says, "I like the cut of your jib."

Good on ya!

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
And that Ladies and Gentlemen is how it is done....

Thank you Lonnie for being a stand up person/business and doing what it takes to ensure you take care of your customers.

You are an asset to this place.....

Congrats on the business boom, I will remember your on my next order.

HCT

Last edited:

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Too bad it wasn't 50 screws. At a $50 gift certificate a pop....that's a nice new guitar!! :)

Yeah...that's the ticket. Where's my 50 screws I ordered!!??

Class response from CreamTone! I'd order from you any day and may when I need parts.

Latest Threads