CreamTone Appreciation Thread

PierM

Reaction score
Just updated one of my Gibson Customs with NOS black beauties and CTS pots. Solved the tone harshness that this guitar had on stock.

Great quality stuff from these guys, and superb support!

Thanks Lonnie!

Last edited:

Redfish

Reaction score
I really like the Bonamassa inspired bridge with nylon saddles for the unwound strings. Really fattens up the tone on those strings. I got a little heavy handed tapping the slot in one saddle and Lonnie sent me a replacement no charge. Super nice guy and top quality stuff.

AussieDave

Reaction score
A20ABE6A-296B-4993-824A-FC1148AD1743.jpeg

Changed to abr-1bridge and aluminium tailpiece both aged along with conversion posts and new knobs and pointers. After a slight hiccup the change in tone and looks are great. I also love the taller knobs as they are easier to grab when needed.

Have FUN

Reaction score
Thank you all very much! I, along with the rest of the team, really appreciate your comments.

Cheers!
Lonnie
Hi Lonnie,

I want to order this black engraved Tenon Cover, is this part available now ?

Have FUN

Reaction score
Nice parts :)

Next upgrades : Gibson ABR-1 bridge and WIZZ / Creamtone humbuckers rings.

Last edited:

Thrill

Reaction score
Love me some CreamTone stuff. Even love the cool little boxes they package their stuff in. Little things like that make a difference to me.

Ive got a few Creamtone parts on my Gibson. Have their ABR-1 bridge and conversion posts, tailpiece and studs, a set of their gold reflectors and pointer washers, and their pickguard bracket. All aged. They look great. Eventually Id like to get a set of their replica plastics just to complete the package, maybe even a set of their aged klusons.

I remember I ordered everything together all at once, and when it all showed up, the bridge just had the regular ABR studs, not the conversion studs like it should have been. I remember being pretty mad about it, probably a lot madder than I should have been over it lol, but they apologized and got the right part out to me pretty quickly.

20180727_135132.jpg

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm new to Creamtone and could not be happier. Picked up a much needed po-ker chip for my Y2K R8. The stock one was very pink compared to the rest of the plastics.

IMG_20180720_193511.jpg

Lonnie is a incredibly stand up dude and he has gone above and beyond to put a smile on my face. Thank you Lonnie! I'm watching the mailbox..:thumb:

fernieite

Reaction score
I got a few parts from Lonnie a couple of weeks ago and love them! I installed one of his cream pickguards on my 2007 R8, and a set of the deep anchor strap buttons. I also received a set of their back plates, which look great. However, the control plate one was a hair too big for my guitar, so Lonnie is going to send me a replacement.

Very good stuff and a pleasure to deal with. Highly recommended.

GunMonkeyINTL

Reaction score
I just got a full set of hardware- bridge, TP, pup covers, and tuners- in their LIX finish, and couldn’t be happier with it. Lonnie was super-responsive, and put together exactly the configuration I wanted, even though it wasn’t a specific offering on their website.

They were in my hands just over a week after ordering, and the pricing was way better than any of the other custom/aged parts vendors I saw, and really not much more than any of the off-the-wall eBay sellers out there. (Don’t tell them I said that- don’t want them to jack up their prices before the next time I want to outfit a guitar.)

The parts were very consistent, and look great together as a set.

Awesome vendor to work with.

9FEBDE79-4057-47AB-8D98-EAA81F963E17.jpeg

B3AA7CCA-F593-4515-83E0-88E09F790F2B.jpeg

Subterfuge

Reaction score
I really like the Bonamassa inspired bridge with nylon saddles for the unwound strings. Really fattens up the tone on those strings. I got a little heavy handed tapping the slot in one saddle and Lonnie sent me a replacement no charge. Super nice guy and top quality stuff.
something doesn't look right about the neck pick up ring ... I thought the rings were supposed to be level with the metal pick up cover ? just noticed it ... something is off about the fitment

PierM

Reaction score
something doesn't look right about the neck pick up ring ... I thought the rings were supposed to be level with the metal pick up cover ? just noticed it ... something is off about the fitment
Depends how you set the pickup height.....

I flush almost all my neck pups, under that level.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Seeing this thread reminds me that I was considering a pickguard from Creamtone for my Edwards. Didn't go for it, got a local guy to do it instead. He did a bit of a hackjob, amateur hour stuff, and now I'm thinking I might have to get it done right. :hmm:

Pickup height. It's noticeable on those rings because they're flat bottomed and are bending to the body, instead of being shaped with a curved bottom, so the middles of the rings arc over the pickup.

Personally I like my neck pickup low and below the ring. Brighter and clearer that way, at least to my ears.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
my rings looked the same way, pick up set to proper height (3/16") under string and pick up ring arched way over the pick up cover, I hate the that look so I took off the TH bridge pick up ring and got out an old Gibson Historic ring I had collecting dust. I don't know much about guitars but I've read the old tops used to be flatter. Measured the top with radius gauges and wood directly in front of the pick up was 15 degrees curve and behind ring was 20 degrees, any way spent all afternoon shaping lower side of the ring to the body and it worked out not bad for a first attempt. The bridge pick up looks more flush now. Glad I didn't use the good TH rings on this first attempt cause it was kind of touch and go for awhile. Will leave these on until I come up with a permanent fix .. photo's are crap but you can get the idea ...

Attachments

Reactions: Who

LPaddicted

Reaction score
I'm new to Creamtone and could not be happier. Picked up a much needed po-ker chip for my Y2K R8. The stock one was very pink compared to the rest of the plastics.

View attachment 323795

Lonnie is a incredibly stand up dude and he has gone above and beyond to put a smile on my face. Thank you Lonnie! I'm watching the mailbox..:thumb:
Your p0ker chip is installed upside down:eek2:

joeh77

Reaction score
At this point I have upgraded my 2016 Standard Historic R9 with some Absolute Vintage Creamtone parts. I have a pick guard, jack plate, and Wizz truss rod cover. Hope to get a switch chip, and pickup rings in the near future. Lonnie has been great, great customer service!

Latest Threads