Creambacks/V30s in a Twin Reverb

frater106

Reaction score
I’m looking to replace the original Fender/Emi speakers in a 105 watt Fender Twin Reverb II. I’m leaning towards Celestions and was originally thinking I’d use a pair of G12M-65 Creambacks thinking that they’re only 97 dB and so could quiet the amp a bit and the creamy mid-focus could counterbalance the scooped blackface tones and bright/brash tendencies of the amp. Then I thought of mixing the M65 with a G12H-75 Creamback as that combination is popular and would add a bit of high-end cut and additional bass frequency response. I am also a fan of mixing speakers for extra texture. Finally, I’ve heard that people often really like to use Vintage 30s or a combo of H75 & a V30 in Fender Twins because the mid-focus again plays well with the amp’s tone. I am pretty interested in the Creambacks and I’m not sure I’m a big enough fan of the V30 to use two of them. So, which of these four options would you go with and why? Looking especially to hear from Twin owners about their experience with these (or other) Celestions. Thanks, guys!

AJK1

Reaction score
I’ve only ever used Greenbacks and more recently Creamback 65watters
Really musical sounding speakers

Latest Threads