Craigslist Deals

leofender55

Reaction score
I see some great deals on Les Pauls on this site from Craigslist on occasion, so I thought it might be a good thread. After reading about a lot o great deals, I finally got one earlier this year. A 2002 Standard with a nice flame top from a local guy who only played acoustic at church and bought this on a compulsive buy. It took some work to get it in playing condition but worth it. He posted it in the Sacramento, Ca Craigslist for $1k at 5AM and I was the first to respond. He wanted it to go to a good home. I wasn't looking to flip it so he sold it to me. Any other CList deals you want to share?

Attachments

stgreg

Reaction score
HNGD! That's a beautiful guitar - don't think you could have done better on the price. :applause:

uncajoey

Reaction score
You have all heard this a million times from me, but I scored. 2000 Junior Lite double cut (2 pickups) for $425 on CL. A few years ago. Love it. :dude:

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I scored my Blackstar HT-5TH off CL. Brand new condition and hard to find. Think I paid $425. Not an amazing deal, but it's cheaper than it was new and I wanted it.

Still my favorite amp and no plans on upgrading anytime soon. :) *edit- sorry, forgot this was the Les Paul section....oh well, it's still a Craigslist deal. :)

Babylon

Reaction score
Still my favorite amp and no plans on upgrading anytime soon. :)

I love my Blackstar as well. Nice score. They sound especially good past 12:00 with a Les Paul with the ISF midway. Loud little suckers for 5 watts. :dude:

61LPSG

Reaction score
There's nice minty LP Jr. TV yellow on the Harrisburg, PA for $800. There was a nice TV Special for $750, but I was too late.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at this Guitar Center ad. In the used section, they have a 2007 Standard pictured, but labeled a "The Paul" all walnut. If ya wanna take a shot at getting the guitar pictured for 1/3 of what it really costs. Go for it. They put the wrong pic in. That Standard is from another ad they have from the same store in Texas. If ya bitch enough, maybe they'll give it to ya on the cheap. :) Type in "Gibson" in the search box and look on pg 3.

Used Music Instruments and Gear at Guitar Center

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Member
Reaction score
WOW, thats a beauty, congrats :applause:

HNGD!

uncajoey

Reaction score
Sometimes, you have to be in the right place at the right time. Nineteen sixty seven Princeton Reverb, all original, mint. Three hundred bucks. I just got lucky.

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
That's an awesome looking guitar you got there for the money. Congrats!!

In all the years CL has been around I've only had one really good score.

This past November I picked up a '08 Vintage Sunburst LP Standard Plus w/OHSC in very good condition for $825.

73Fender

Reaction score
Sometimes, you have to be in the right place at the right time. Nineteen sixty seven Princeton Reverb, all original, mint. Three hundred bucks. I just got lucky.
Would love to hear that story. And since I live in NJ too, I officially hate you:)
I got a good part of my collection from CL. Last week I got a USA Hamer Korina Jr for $875, Easily as good or better than Gibson CS.

bungle

Reaction score
My most recent accusition is pretty cool. Gibson Les Paul Vixen. Carved thinner mahogany body, no maple cap, belly carve. $280!! There's a bit of stigma on these cause they were aimed at girls. Whatever It's a rockin guitar. Most likely give it to my step daughter:thumb:

paul1houston

Reaction score
check out my gear listing. almost all craigslist with a couple great finds on mlp. and my first les paul from tri-city music in detroit back in 88 when customs were $10,000 for a dozen :) but keep in mind when buying off craigslist in michigan its always a rip off and you may just get held up, so don't waist your time even looking:naughty:

stgreg

Reaction score
check out my gear listing. almost all craigslist with a couple great finds on mlp. and my first les paul from tri-city music in detroit back in 88 when customs were $10,000 for a dozen :) but keep in mind when buying off craigslist in michigan its always a rip off and you may just get held up, so don't waist your time even looking:naughty:
My first Guitar buy from CL WAS MY LAST! :mad:

SkaneatelesLake

Reaction score
I have never kept one, just see really good deals and flip them quickly. I wish I had the money to keep a couple I got. I flipped a really nice Traditional last summer. Wish I could have kept it but it was strictly a quick flip. (I am a teacher and don't get paid all summer). There are deals out there, but I swear one time I thought I was going to meet the end of a gun, but the deal was fine. Just make sure you meet in a public place.

HEADKNOCKER

Banned
Reaction score
I've picked up a couple "DEALS" on craigslist, But from I mostly see is overpriced worn out rubbish that guys want more fore than can be bought @ GC or my local hot spots..
Been looking @ killer basses lately & all current off shelf guitars are not the quality I'd like to see, My $100 Ibanez plays better than all of them, I did come across a local luthier that IMO builds some of the best basses I've ever held in my grubby little hands, His name is Ryan Scott @ Scott Guitar Works, The SB-2 I played you'd swear was an Alembic & his SB-3 fretless is one of the most stunning basses I've ever seen period..

That said $1000 for that 2002 Flametop Standard is a bargain..
Congrats leofender55!!

On Craigslist IMO
Always meet @ a central location such as a music store etc, & ALWAYS bring backup, That means a friend & a Colt & a Smith & Wesson, when large amounts of dough are involved..
You can never be too carefull..
Never have them come to your home or go to their house unless you wanna be robbed... You never know who your dealing with..
Gary/Hk

Pwrmac7600

Premium Member
Reaction score
I look at Craig's list, but have never found a deal worth jumping on. And I have heard to many horror stories about Craig's list purchases, which has made me a little to afraid of purchasing anything on there. I usually do my purchasing here and occasionally on eBay. And I do my research o nthe seller before hand. I know eBay can be a dangerous place too, but I feel there is more information about the seller to go by, and at least some protection, between eBay, and PayPal. Plus I pick stuff up from GC used section as well. But you'll usually never find crazy deals like a standard for $1000 on GC. eBay MAYBE, but it requires timing.

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
In ALL the years since CL has been around, I'd only scored 1 good deal which was my '08 LP Standard Plus for $825.

Well last week I scored another pretty good deal. I traded a '11 Fender 60th Annv. Blonde Tele I scored for $500 in a pawnshop 2 weeks earlier for a '75 Fender Mocha Strat.

That's all I've ever done on CL. Pawnshops is whole other thread.:)

amped

Reaction score
Are you sure that's real? The truss rod cover looks really low. Don't want to rain on your parade, but just asking.

Latest Threads