Craig's List - EPIC failure in Georgia!

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
I bet, if you put a Hefty bad full of dog shit out and put a FREE! label on it, someone would take it :naughty: :D

or put a sign that said "Do not take" and it would gone even faster.

At least in would in the city where I work. The dishonesty is astounding. I can't believe we stay in business given the amount of shrink due to shoplifting.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some of the individuals may have had good intentions, but once one person broke in, a mob mentality likely took over.

And mobs are amoral and stupid.

Plus if you pull up and see everyone just walking out with stuff, after reading that ad?

You're just going to assume 'one of these people' must be the homeowner and everything's cool.

Frettter

Reaction score
Misworded though it may be but I saw nothing in ad that said, "break into the house and help yourself." Also it should be noted that people arrived prior to the 10:00 time frame that was (the only thing clearly) posted. Regardless of the ad's wording, it's still breaking and entering/ theft by taking. If a department store were having a similar give away at their normal opening time of 10:00, and you broke in at 9:00, it would still be breaking and entering/theft by taking.

I think the people of the community could band together here and post an ad in the same Craig's list for donations fot this poor family.

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
I bet, if you put a Hefty bad full of dog shit out and put a FREE! label on it, someone would take it :naughty: :D

I'd love to try that. It wouldn't work in Japan though. I was walking home from work one might about two months ago and saw the equivalent of $200 lying on the ground. People spotted it but no one even looked like picking it up. At that point, I remembered "if you're not fast, you're last" and briefly considered picking it up, but I decided, "when in Rome" and just left it there. A similar thing happened in Ochanomizu two weeks ago. Ochanomizu is basically guitar town. I was walking to the train station at 9pm. The shops were shut and the area was quiet. I saw an unattended explorer case on the road leaning against the pavement (sidewalk). The case looked to be in good condition. I don't even know if there was a guitar inside or not. I was curious, but I walked by and left it.

I like that about Japan. People wouldn't push their own grandmother in front of a bus for a $5 bill. Most decent people in other countries wouldn't either, but there will always be one.

or put a sign that said "Do not take" and it would gone even faster.

That's the way to do it. :thumb:

Fracture

Reaction score
Just imagine running a similar ad, listing a person's address that you don't like.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
@SlashPerry

as weird as Japan can be about some things, I love pretty much everything I've heard/read about the culture.

I very much like the idea of a country where manners are important.

the narcissistic "f**k you I'm more important get out of my way" attitude of a lot of my fellow US citizens leaves much to be desired.

Sometimes I desire taking a brick upside their head,.......but I have manners. :)

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Wow, just wow. Greed Mob. I don't think their mistake was inaccurate wording however, their mistake was listing a yardsale with free items on a day when noone would be home till 10 A.M.

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
@SlashPerry

as weird as Japan can be about some things, I love pretty much everything I've heard/read about the culture.

I very much like the idea of a country where manners are important.

the narcissistic "f**k you I'm more important get out of my way" attitude of a lot of my fellow US citizens leaves much to be desired.

Sometimes I desire taking a brick upside their head,.......but I have manners. :)

Living in Japan is great, but there are still times when people lack manners jus like everywhere else. On my way home from work tonight, some guy cut in front of me and several others at the train station. A rare occurrence and fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, but people are rude on occasion. Incidentally, I was under the impression that most Americans were polite. 90% of those I've met have been. I've only spent two hours in the country though, but I've met plenty of nice Americans in the uk, Canada and Japan. Maybe my opinion will change after I spend a bit more time in the country. I plan on doing that in the next few years. Maybe sooner if I get lucky in the greencard lottery.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Living in Japan is great, but there are still times when people lack manners jus like everywhere else. On my way home from work tonight, some guy cut in front of me and several others at the train station. A rare occurrence and fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, but people are rude on occasion. Incidentally, I was under the impression that most Americans were polite. 90% of those I've met have been. I've only spent two hours in the country though, but I've met plenty of nice Americans in the uk, Canada and Japan. Maybe my opinion will change after I spend a bit more time in the country. I plan on doing that in the next few years. Maybe sooner if I get lucky in the greencard lottery.

In other countries they'll be on their better behavior.

You see we had this movie come out called 'Hostel', ..... :laugh2:

Seriously though, there are a lot of polite Americans. And it does depend on which part of the country/state you're in. Some states are ruder then others.

A lot of non-americans don't realize that yeah while it's the United States of America,...it's really more like 50 little countries all answering to one Corporatocracy that's based in Washington, DC.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The holiday's are upon us, so someone will give them house, clothes, and and food with the help of social media. At least I hope so.

Byron999

Reaction score
lots of household and kitchen items,

Well, those must be inside.....:laugh2::laugh2:

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
In other countries they'll be on their better behavior.

You see we had this movie come out called 'Hostel', ..... :laugh2:

Seriously though, there are a lot of polite Americans. And it does depend on which part of the country/state you're in. Some states are ruder then others.

A lot of non-americans don't realize that yeah while it's the United States of America,...it's really more like 50 little countries all answering to one Corporatocracy that's based in Washington, DC.

I totally understand that. The uk is made made up of four constituent countries. Some people prefer to be recognized as English/welsh/(northern)Irish/Scottish/British. Personally, I consider myself Scottish and always introduce myself as such, but occasionally, someone will call me British or (even worse) "English". Whereas in America, you have a variety of cities along with the sheer wilderness of some more remote places. It really is a massive country, so there are bound to be all kinds of people. Of all the Americans I've met, Texans have been the most polite, but I'm sure there will be some downright jackasses in Texas.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Just imagine running a similar ad, listing a person's address that you don't like.

No shit. Especially if you knew they were going to be out of town, or something.

It's odd that the family doing the giveaway would have the stuff set outside with no one present. I understand presetting so that you're ready to hit the ground running at ten AM, but shouldn't you leave someone there?

The deputy then spoke with Vercher, Hobbs' son.

"He seemed upset and said no one was supposed to go inside the house and
take items. I sympathized with him how I understood that, but explained to
him that when placing an ad in Craigslist for 'free' stuff to be given away,
someone should at least be at the residence when the people start showing
up
. I explained to him that there were several cars coming and going from
this address when I arrived, and who knows how many came and went before
I got there. I told him if he needed us for anything else, to call us back. He
said he understood, then went down the street a little ways to retrieve the
sewing machine from the curb. I then departed the scene, going back in-service."

You post an ad announcing a free giveaway -- "everything must go" -- and you leave no one there to keep an eye on shit?

My old neighborhood in Ventura, I ran a yard sale a couple of times, to clear out my storage and whatnot. There was no way I'd walk to the corner store -- two minutes away and in direct line of sight -- without having my son watch things over, at least.

bertzie

Reaction score
Five bits says that "breaking in" actually meant "opening an unlocked door."

Incidentally, this gives me a great idea for one hell of a prank.

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
Five bits says that "breaking in" actually meant "opening an unlocked door."

Incidentally, this gives me a great idea for one hell of a prank.

No! The internet police would backtrace it.

Consequences would never be the same.

[email protected]

Reaction score
That's only 25 miles from us and of course, it would have to be in Georgia and of course, I'm facepalming as we speak. Jeez...

Thundergod

Reaction score
"Fairly large, free yard sale. Moving and we want everything to go for free.
So come over and take whatever you want and how much you want.

I always thought YARD sale meant in a yard and of stuff in said yard.

Anyway that shows how much people can be morons, it says 10:00 and everyone got there early? I bet none of those idiots would arrive early to a job interview.

Latest Threads