Crack in 2 week old standard 60's?

Les Paul Newb

Reaction score
Hard to tell from the photo if it’s a lacquer check or a scratch. I’d have to think it’s not a crack. Unless it took a fall or some other bad hit.

steppenwulf86

Reaction score
No, never dropped or hit hard. I just noticed it while wiping the guitar down and kinda freaked out.

Les Paul Newb

Reaction score
No, never dropped or hit hard. I just noticed it while wiping the guitar down and kinda freaked out.
I would freak out too. I have the same guitar. I looked at mine just to make sure there wasn’t a similar issue.

Sinster

Reaction score
You missing the other crack.. the one just slightly at the 1 - 2 oclock positing running vertically down the neck. Or that a reflection?

Becker34

Reaction score
You missing the other crack.. the one just slightly at the 1 - 2 oclock positing running vertically down the neck. Or that a reflection?
I'm gonna go with reflection, but again, not my pic.

endial

Reaction score
I caught that too, but it's a separator in the window reflection.

tigerflame

Reaction score
I have lacquer cracking on the cutaway side of the neck where the neck meets the body. It happens. That area is prone to that.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's going on IN the cutaway? That looks like a couple dings and a crack.

dro

Reaction score
Give em a break. Gibson went bankrupt. When they did they had to cut costs. So top dollar people went out the door. Gonna take some time to get lesser paid people to learn their craft. Considering, they're doin pretty well I think.

Latest Threads