Cowtown Guitars - Buyer Beware

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
FYI, this was posted on another site regarding this issue by someone who works for Reverb:

I just saw this thread and am not familiar with this entire situation (yet), but I can say that while we're working on this, we have blocked all their listings on our site. I admit, I'm not intimately familiar with this exact sale, but I intend to confer with those in our office who are tomorrow and figure out exactly how we're resolving this.

Frank

Yelir

Reaction score
That seems like some good news for now. I hate to hear of people being wronged in business given Cowtown's exposure and influence, in turn. :)

Rodmac

Reaction score
What a hypocritical douche bag. Would you buy a $20,000 guitar from a dealer that looks like that. :laugh2:

Digger 59

Reaction score
The vintage guitar world seems to have more than its fair share of tales like this..I no longer buy any guitar without having handled it in person first.

andreww

Reaction score
Saw Jessie on Pawn Stars last night. He gave a $7000 value on a Paul Stanley smashed Marauder. I guess he was unaware the Paul has a hard time selling his smashed guitars for 5K on his website paulstanleyguitars.com

hoss

Reaction score
I wonder what Jesse will offer you when you bring the Marauder to Cowtown for sale...

chasenblues

Reaction score
OP, how did you make payment? If by credit card, call up your card company and dispute the charge due to fraud.
That's not an option.

I got a message through Reverb from Cowtown telling me all of their bank wiring info.

- Wired money to somebody I hadn’t done business with before, should have used PayPal or something similar

rvschulz

Reaction score
I have just read the details Bill & felt really terrible for you reading through this.............really sorry you had to go through this crap with a sad excuse for a person.

I've been reamed twice & that has cost me exactly $41,600 in total.........in USD! That doesn't count the Guitars I have bought that "play like butta". 7uck all these dishonest assholes, they are a sad excuse for the honest people in the Guitar world.

Karma is a Bitch! He'll get his in due course. I also have to ask WTF is Reverb doing?? The Guitar was totally misrepresented on their site & you have the proof.

7uckers! Should start a Social Media Campaign. :hmm:

I hope this mess gets cleaned up in some way so you can move on mate.

Cheers, Rudi
not to sound totally rude, but you got ripped off of 41,600 USD and you are not posting this from prison ? that sort of cash ripoff, which i don;t have, would cause me to exact extreme violence on the person who stole from me. bless your patience and understanding.

andreww

Reaction score
Someone should send ole Jess a link to this thread. I don't think he's aware how fast his name is going to $hit in the vintage guitar community because of this one deal.

JJ Blair

Reaction score
Someone should send ole Jess a link to this thread. I don't think he's aware how fast his name is going to $hit in the vintage guitar community because of this one deal.
For people in the know, my impression is that it went to **** a long time ago.

RAG7890

Reaction score
FYI, this was posted on another site regarding this issue by someone who works for Reverb:

Frank

Awesome news Frank, hopefully they'll do something to help Bill & it won't be just gum flapping for the sake of it.

Thanks for posting. :thumb: :applause:

I have to say that any selling site that thinks accurate weights is a non issue is run by freaking MORONS.

Cheers, Rudi

charveldan

Banned
Reaction score
A Crook in Vegas who woulda thought ...

The only "expert" that does analysis for pawn stars that seems slightly credible is that Shawn guy that does vintage arms & armor,

Everyone else looks like refugees from 4 point restraints including the PS staff.

wrc73

Reaction score
A Crook in Vegas who woulda thought ...

The only "expert" that does analysis for pawn stars that seems slightly credible is that Shawn guy that does vintage arms & armor,

Everyone else looks like refugees from 4 point restraints including the PS staff.
Even the Beard of Knowledge? :wow: The cute book appraiser is OK in my book as well! :naughty:

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Actually, this topic has been posted on at least three forums, and at least one of the other threads has been pointed out to Jesse. I don't think he really cares.

Awesome news Frank, hopefully they'll do something to help Bill & it won't be just gum flapping for the sake of it.

Thanks for posting. :thumb: :applause:

I have to say that any selling site that thinks accurate weights is a non issue is run by freaking MORONS.

Cheers, Rudi
I actually just posted this in one of the other aforementioned threads:

So, I know that the guy from Reverb said that he was going to look into the matter so as to try and reach a resolution. And while I'd love to be proven wrong, I just don't see anything he'll be able to do about this. It's not like Reverb received the money from this transaction; Clowntown did. It seems that about all that Reverb can do is to suspend them, but from what I'm reading and seeing, Cowtown doesn't have any listings on their site anymore anyway, and it's unlikely that they'll allow them back. So what leverage does Reverb have against Cowtown? None, that I can see. Unless there are specific vendor agreements that Cowtown signed with Reverb giving them some legal recourse if the vendor screwed a customer.

Frank

sikoniko

Reaction score
This situation sucks... but I have to ask... Any info on the NVGD? I love '50s strats...

Actinic

Reaction score
The OP should post pics of the guitar here. I don't think the worst news has been revealed- it could have fake or replaced parts. How much did it cost anyway?

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
^^^ No offense, but I don't think it's any of our business how much he paid for the guitar. And the OP is a big boy, who I'm sure knows what the guitar is, and what it isn't, and likely doesn't need our help.

Frank

Latest Threads