COVID19-thread (Title change, Thread for serious info only).

BKS

Reaction score
It slowly comes closer, i don't know anybody personal who has it but i know from 2 who have family member with it. Ones uncle and ones daughter....
Only the really sick get tested and count. Making the death rate in the netherlands pretty high compared to some others

redcoats1976

Reaction score
I had to go into a couple COVID rooms today. The patients are anxious, unsure and worried. These are people not on vents, able to move and talk, but they don't. The looks they wear are enough to say what they feel. If any of you know people who aren't taking the precautions they should be taking, please chastise them for not taking this one serious. Don't be afraid of someone getting mad at you. These people need to know there are things bigger than them.
good to hear...i get to go work in a huge warehouse with 40+people tomorrow and no idea how many people have been on my forklift over the weekend since we run 24/7.have been careful to clean the forklift but still have to touch other surfaces at work,yet i cant go to a public beach and sit 6 feet away from others.why do i feel like im being cheated?

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I had to go into a couple COVID rooms today. The patients are anxious, unsure and worried. These are people not on vents, able to move and talk, but they don't. The looks they wear are enough to say what they feel. If any of you know people who aren't taking the precautions they should be taking, please chastise them for not taking this one serious. Don't be afraid of someone getting mad at you. These people need to know there are things bigger than them.
It's amazing this is still necessary.

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rob.

Sorry no, the one you need to see is the one form last night; i.e. Sunday March 29th.

It specifically covers the early days in Wuhan, China............the 7uck ups..........the cover ups.........& the missing Chinese Doctors who tried to do the right thing.

Mysteriously, one of the main Doctors has disappeared & of course the other is dead.

Let me know if you can't view it & I'll see what I can do. I am sure my Son or future Son in Law will know.

Cheers, Rudi

Rudi, I assume this is the episode you're referring to? It just became available, and I haven't watched it yet, but I will shortly:

Frank

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
Trump details equipment deliveries - to US and abroad
Medical equipment shortages have been a key issue across the US. President Trump says private companies working with the government are soon going to outpace the nation's needs.
He says 8,100 ventilators have been sent out thus far. Four hundred more are going to Michigan, 300 to New Jersey, 150 to Illinois, 150 to Louisiana, 50 to Connecticut.
He says the government has distributed to date millions of masks, face shields, surgical gowns and gloves.
Mr Trump adds that the Ford Motor Company will be producing 50,000 new ventilators and doing so "in less than 100 days".
Nine other companies are also working on ventilator production.
"As we outpace what we need, we'll be sending them to Italy, we're going to be sending them to France, we're going to be sending them to Spain where they have tremendous problems," Mr Trump added.
The president says the US will specifically be "sending $100m-worth of things - surgical and medical and hospital things - to Italy".

:applause: Bloody good show.

I don’t believe this is political news, it’s medical news. Please don’t turn it into something political :)

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Medical equipment shortages have been a key issue across the US. President Trump says private companies working with the government are soon going to outpace the nation's needs.
He says 8,100 ventilators have been sent out thus far. Four hundred more are going to Michigan, 300 to New Jersey, 150 to Illinois, 150 to Louisiana, 50 to Connecticut.
He says the government has distributed to date millions of masks, face shields, surgical gowns and gloves.
Mr Trump adds that the Ford Motor Company will be producing 50,000 new ventilators and doing so "in less than 100 days".
"As we outpace what we need, we'll be sending them to Italy, we're going to be sending them to France, we're going to be sending them to Spain where they have tremendous problems," Mr Trump added.
The president says the US will specifically be "sending $100m-worth of things - surgical and medical and hospital things - to Italy".

I don’t believe this is political news, it’s medical news. Please don’t turn it into something political :)
Get real...FORD?!? Ford making ventilators?!? I want Dodge making mine. Perhaps use a supercharged Hellcat crate engine; that way, if I don't make it, I'll go really fast!

(a little gallows humor there)

Frank

Olds442

Reaction score
Rudi, I assume this is the episode you're referring to? It just became available, and I haven't watched it yet, but I will shortly:

Frank
eye opening, thanks for finding it Frank and Rudi.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
There are several articles about mask decontamination. This one gives an idea of how they work:

Uncertain of the web site reputation. Looks legit.

Battelle received an emergency go-ahead from the FDA over the weekend to deploy its decontamination system for personal protective equipment (PPE), allowing healthcare workers to clean and reuse scarce N95 respirator masks.

The system is currently operating at Battelle’s Ohio facility—capable of processing up to 80,000 masks per machine, per day, within what looks like a large metal shipping container—and has been working to help stretch supplies for the OhioHealth system based in Columbus.

Using concentrated hydrogen peroxide vapor, the filters are gassed for two and a half hours to destroy bacteria, viruses and other contaminants, including the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. According to the company, the system can clean the same N95 mask up to 20 times without degrading its performance.

The FDA had first OK’d the use of the system on Saturday but initially limited its use to 10,000 masks per day, according to Republican Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, who called on the agency to unlock the system’s full decontamination capacity.

DeWine also said this would have limited Battelle’s plans to deploy machines to the hard-hit New York metro area as well as Washington state and Washington, D.C.

Within hours, and after President Donald Trump also urged the FDA to approve the equipment on Twitter, FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn tweeted late Sunday evening that the agency had issued an amended authorization.

In the near term, Battelle’s facility plans to begin decontaminating respirator masks for three other central Ohio health systems this week.

Battelle previously engaged with the FDA from 2014 to 2016 to study the use of its decontamination machine in the midst of a potential pandemic and PPE shortage. Currently, the company is exploring its use outside of N95 masks to other equipment such as ventilator components.

Last edited:

RAG7890

Reaction score

Frank
Awesome many, many thanks Frank.

You all need to watch this, particularly near the end.

This could have been avoided & I feel for those Chinese Doctors who tried to do the right thing, some of whom are now missing.

Culpable regime is the only thing I can think of.

The Chinese Government is culpable & IMHO should pay the Bill.

Hope you & the Family are well.

Cheers, Rudi

Last edited:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score

If someone were to be jerk enough to politically crap on that, I would shove s rocket motor up their backside, light a match and blast them off the forum. No countdown either. Anyone on the launch pad giving "likes" might get singed by the blast.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
CNN people Sharing Mic's at a press conference....actually ALL the correspondents were SHARING one Single microphone....the guy Did NOT wipe it down between takers ….. :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:
Well of course. The anchor-idiots need to keep up appearances, right?

Who wants to look at a masked anchor reporter?

Style over substance, once again.

05jrock

Reaction score
I’m honestly surprised they aren’t reporting in full blown hazmat gear... from the mid section up at least.
Its not wether you win or lose, its about how good you look while playing the game

Latest Threads