Covid-19 in MLP

Mockbel

Reaction score
Hi friends... a couple of Covid-19 related threads are already here but I thought of making a thread for Covid-19 within MLP community...

No conspiracy theories... no worldwide statistics... it is just about us.. anyone of us already infected? Has a close one infected? Personal experience with the disease...

Starting with myself, I know few people infected (one death) but not close ones.. so I don’t have much “real” insights about the disease..

fry

Reaction score
I know people who were sick at one point over the last few months, and now are pretty sure that’s what it was. I don’t personally know anybody that has been confirmed as having it. We were just talking about this at work the other day, none of us personally knows anybody that has been confirmed. Kind of weird, we thought by now we would all know somebody who got it.

Howard2k

Reaction score
I know two people who were confirmed infected and got through it. One mild, one more serious but not hospitalized.

And my gf’s co-worker’s mother died from it. I believe she has pre-existing conditions but don’t know all the details.

I have a close friend in Spain. He and his family have been materially affected up close and personal. His wife is a nurse. So far so good for the two of them personally.

rabidhamster

Reaction score
My moms coworker and one of her family members have it. Coworker is ok, She has no symptoms but fever, her family member is struggling but had just gotten out of a nursing home for preexisting issues.
A close family contact was confirmed to have been Theoretically exposed, was confirmed not infected.
That’s more than close enough for me.

Mockbel

Reaction score
I probably had it. Got sick on March 12 and was sick for 6 weeks with something that seemed different than anything I've had before and that all my doctors think was probably it.
Same here... sometime in February before my country if formally hit.. I had nothing except dry and painful throat... it was extremely painful which was something I never experienced before.. not sure if it was Covid but as I was living my life normally and no one from my family got infected !

Roxy13

Reaction score
Same here... sometime in February before my country if formally hit.. I had nothing except dry and painful throat... it was extremely painful which was something I never experienced before.. not sure if it was Covid but as I was living my life normally and no one from my family got infected !

Yes, one of the worst sore throats I've ever had and that symptom went on the entire 6 weeks. I also had a horrible headache the first 8-9 days, a fever for like 5 days but low grade. The cough went on for 6 weeks as well. No appetite the first 10 days or so and waves of nausea. A lot of congestion in my nose and sinuses as well. I attributed my loss of taste and smell to the congestion though.

Mockbel

Reaction score
Yes, one of the worst sore throats I've ever had and that symptom went on the entire 6 weeks. I also had a horrible headache the first 8-9 days, a fever for like 5 days but low grade. The cough went on for 6 weeks as well. No appetite the first 10 days or so and waves of nausea. A lot of congestion in my nose and sinuses as well. I attributed my loss of taste and smell to the congestion though.
You almost had all symptoms :)
Welcome back

alankelly

Reaction score
Never confirmed, as I didn't meet the testing threshold when I finally went to the doctor. However, started out with a sore throat and cough, and became so weak that I swear I was only awake for about 5 hours over a two day period. Cough lasted for nearly two months before it finally stopped, even though I otherwise felt fine.

Roxy13

Reaction score
You almost had all symptoms :)
Welcome back

It was a long, nasty illness, but at least I was not hospitalized (although if I had been I would have been tested). I also had very little contact with others and got sick anyway and quite easily. So it's my opinion this virus is very contagious. Thankfully for most it's a mild illness.

CRobbins

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
In, and around the area where I live, population around 10,000. 6 cases. Everyone in my family, and all my friends are fine.

JTM45

Reaction score
I had A Coworker and his father that had it, my coworker had no symptoms and his father was dead in 12 hours after being diagnosed. Neither had any pre existing conditions and they said for his father, it was like someone beat the shit out of his insides, multiple rapid organ failure.

Last edited:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Two confirmed people I know personally have had it. 50% mortality rate between them. They both had preexisting conditions that put them in the high risk category. Honestly, I am amazed the other one survived it.

My personal and professional networks include thousands of people around the world. They may not all think to notify me first, but I do hear from lots of them frequently. My ex, my kids, my siblings and 13 nieces and nephews are all on social media and if someone we knew had it, they'd tell me. I am on the email distribution lists for four colleges and universities (two I attended and the two my kids attend). I have over 1k contacts on linkedin. I'm not hearing about people dropping like flies. Like I have always said, for the people at risk this is potentially quite dangerous.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Los Angeles area here.
I know of nobody who has it.
One of our techs picked up a cough and fever early on, tested clear and recovered quickly.

Sadly, I do know of one "related" death... and one that can be blamed on the hysteria, rather than the disease.
A friend of my wife lost her sister by her own hand. She had a fever and cough, did not have a positive test result, but was so frightened that she was going to infect her husband and 8y/o son that she drove off in the middle of the night and was found dead a few days later.

parts

Reaction score
A good friend died visiting his daughter in NY..another person I know died in hospital in Florida.. Several family members in Italy passed..

I also had bad cold..my family too in January,,but ok..

Latest Threads