Couldn't have put it better myself...

Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
I was up until 5:30am this morning because I couldn't sleep... That's nothing new... Most days I feel as though I'm being pushed off a cliff.

Called work at about 7am and made an excuse... Well not really made an excuse ... I've honestly been on the verge of a migraine for days and I feel like my right kidney has been used as a speed bag .

I finally drug myself out of bed an hour ago or so to find this:

392466_288244064598618_791595847_n.jpg

Pretty much sums it up.

jlu52

ignoramus maximus emeritus
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whose f'n better than the Dalai Lama? If you don't think so, ask Bill Murray. Dalai gave him total consciousness in Caddyshack...:)

Lungo

Reaction score
Daniel said:
I finally drug myself out of bed an hour ago

You sleep half the day? That's why you can't sleep at night! :laugh2:

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, I don't think so.

For one thing, we have more communication than ever.

Really, we are living in the best of times, ever. I know, not for everyone, but for many, and the possiblities are limitless.

Education is the key, and communication will drive that. The future is bright.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
shame what happened to those people. He is a wise man, no doubt.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nope, I don't think so.

Really, we are living in the best of times, ever. I know, not for everyone, but for many, and the possiblities are limitless.

Im with you on this. Living in a cave isnt for me. It never hurts to remind people to stop and smell the flowers, though

05jrock

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U40uzc1kak0&feature=related]Dalai Lama Responds to Dalai Lama Joke.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I like to ignore paradoxes, it cuts down on migraines.

BillB1960

Reaction score
Does it matter that it actually wasn't written by the Dalai Lama but by a man by the name of Bob Moorehead who was the pastor of the Overlake Christian Church in Seattle Washington? Pastor Moorehead held that position until he resigned in 1998 after being accused by numerous (17) male members of the congregation of molesting them.

DLChance

Reaction score
Does it matter that it actually wasn't written by the Dalai Lama but by a man by the name of Bob Moorehead who was the pastor of the Overlake Christian Church in Seattle Washington? Pastor Moorehead held that position until he resigned in 1998 after being accused by numerous (17) male members of the congregation of molesting them.

"Fides tamen quin."

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a cool cat. Seen him in DC this time last summer. Whooped it up for his birthday!!! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
Couldn't have put it better myself...

Don't be so tough on yourself - he's the freakin' Lama, dude!

Funny stuff aside, he's absolutely right. Remember reading about how technology would make our lives so much better and easier? Sure, cell phones are convenient and useful, but how many folks are now tethered to their jobs 24/7 just because they are so accessible? I work hard all week but I have a life outside of the office - it'll wait until Monday morning.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calm your mind and the rest will follow...

sonar1

Reaction score
Don't be so tough on yourself - he's the freakin' Lama, dude!

Funny stuff aside, he's absolutely right. Remember reading about how technology would make our lives so much better and easier? Sure, cell phones are convenient and useful, but how many folks are now tethered to their jobs 24/7 just because they are so accessible? I work hard all week but I have a life outside of the office - it'll wait until Monday morning.

No kidding. I wore a "beeper" for "on-call" 25% of the time for about 20 years. THEN when I became a supervisor they gave me a cell phone so I could be reached anytime!

I'm so glad my "career" such as it was (a wage-earner JOB actually), is now over so I can now be a slave to the computor where the bandleader posts the gig schedule and revises it sometimes only hours before a job!

Thundergod

Reaction score
Quoted from the Dali Lama?

You guys do realize he's a prick?

:laugh2:

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Nope, I don't think so.

I don't think that, that's exactly what he meant by "communication"? As for "education", take a long, hard look at where it get's a lot of people.

And, I wouldn't exactly call this "the best of times", because with all of the problems (econimically/socially) that are/have been mounting up over that last few years, it's just a matter of time before the crap hits the fan. History had shown us that time, and time again.

Latest Threads