Correct pots and Caps?

lpfaded

Reaction score
To the OP thr "RO" stamped in your control cavity is the first clue and is more informative than the Pots/caps. Second, I would string one ground wire from the Rythm Tone Pot body across to the Treble Tone Pot body (see Aceluek's wiring). Right now your Bridge is grounded to the Rythm PU Circuit but not to the Treble Circuit ground. Any continuity between them would have be at the toggle switch area or be the uninsulated shields touching in the wire routing cavity.

Thanks i was thinking the same thing looking at this wireing setup....with that wire missing is does not complete the circut....Would you just solder the wire on top from pot to pot?....Also what gage wire would be best to use?....Thanks:)

frank4001

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures....Now i don't feel so bad...I might play it for a while and see if i can get used to it....But chances are i will change out the pots and caps....My Go is a 2006 what year is yours?.....Guitar center sold these guitars under false advertisment....I even have the Bumble Bee tag with my case candy....All Historics in 2006 should have vintags electrics including CST 500 K pots and Bumble Bee caps....I think i will give them a call to let them know what happened....If they don't already know???....Thanks [email protected]

Yea, whatever turns you on. Mine is an '06. I bought it 3rd hand so I have none of the case extra's.

frank4001

Reaction score
Thanks i was thinking the same thing looking at this wireing setup....with that wire missing is does not complete the circut....Would you just solder the wire on top from pot to pot?....Also what gage wire would be best to use?....Thanks:)

Aren't the pots already grounded? I'm not sure how the extra wire makes any kind of difference? Just curious on this one.

KenG

Reaction score

Gauge isn't that critical for this. You can use bare Bus wire (solid core), insulated solid core or insulated, stranded wire from 18-22 awg in size.

Aren't the pots already grounded? I'm not sure how the extra wire makes any kind of difference? Just curious on this one.

The pots all need to be grounded together but done in a manner that doesn't provide for ground loops. ACELUEKs pics of his R8 Cavity show the proper method.

Attachments

• Drawing1.jpg
    Drawing1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 38

frank4001

Reaction score
Gauge isn't that critical for this. You can use bare Bus wire (solid core), insulated solid core or insulated, stranded wire from 18-22 awg in size.

The pots all need to be grounded together but done in a manner that doesn't provide for ground loops. ACELUEKs pics of his R8 Cavity show the proper method.

Hey Ken thanks for showing us this but "what problem does this remedy" I guess is a better question. Appreciate you sharing your knowlegde.

KenG

Reaction score
Right now electrically you have a possible 2 different ground references in your guitar (I say possible as I can't see the other wiring). The effect of the cahnge could very likely be undetectable but electrically speaking, if you can manage it I would add the ground as shown to ensure all Pots are grounded at the same potential.

Latest Threads