Correct pickguard for a Standard Faded?

leofender55

Reaction score
A number of years back I bought a 2005 Standard Faded. The flame top is fantastic, a dove tail, and the burst is very nice, not one of the clown looking cherry bursts, but a faded tobacco burst. It has a fair amount of relicing, as they do. The guy I bought it from put on a bad fitting pickguard to hide the wear spot where he rested his hand by the bridge. I prefer pickguards on my Les Pauls when they have screw holes already in them. So, I'm asking for suggestions for authentic replacement pickguards for it. Thanks for your input.

ARandall

Reaction score
Well, go to a store that sells genuine gibson accessories and buy the branded replacement.

Doublechack the pickup ring spacing....thats the only thing that might vary.

leofender55

Reaction score
Mojoaxe.com is the place I'd check for anything pickguard related. He is also a member here, Danelectro.

Try this section next time. The Historic District is for 1950s reissues. https://www.mylespaul.com/forum/gibson-les-pauls.2/
I wasn't sure about the correct forum. This forum states it's for reissues, including R0 (1960), which I've used for my R0 and G0 in the past. The pickup cavity in my Standard Faded is marked R9, so I thought I'd get the best info here.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure about the correct forum. This forum states it's for reissues, including R0 (1960), which I've used for my R0 and G0 in the past. The pickup cavity in my Standard Faded is marked R9, so I thought I'd get the best info here.
In the pickup cavity?.....how odd.....love to see a pic of that.

Faded Standards are not re-issues of any kind.....they are typical 2005 USA Standard with a Faded finish.

Latest Threads