Coronavirus

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone who understand this girl can confirm the translation is valid?

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I watched UTD with my youngest when she was in 6th or 7th grade. It took a few episodes, but it grew on me and I ended up enjoying it.
I ended up losing interest when they started getting into the metaphysical aspects.
I want my science fiction to be based in something that's at least scientifically plausible dammit.

rogue3

Reaction score
Someone who understand this girl can confirm the translation is valid?

Don't know about translation,but,In light of the actions we see,pretty much makes sense.Must be quarantined until we understand it.It might die out,or...we know enough about viruses to know how they behave.

By all means, send some C5 Galaxies loaded with masks,shields,disposable clothing.now.Shortages are real and without proper precautions will defeat quarantine measures, and the virus will run its course.
Then, rapid spread,would allow the virus an optimal chance to mutate(like i said earlier),or, possibly die out.roll the dice.

The existing virus(let alone a potential mutation) already has a significant mortality rate,and is incubating...we don't know how long.Too many unknowns.

We all willing to take that chance with a hands off approach,let china deal with its own problem?...i think not.And anyway,we've already proven world-wide spread,so, it is everyones problem right now.

Chinese doctors i know(quite a few) are dedicated,non-political and would do this vid in a heartbeat,if the situation was tenuous, government be damned.

If you don't understand it,you must treat it with respiratory isolation precautions,cut the vector,until you do understand it.Until then,it must be hell on the front lines right now there.You would run out of resources,with that kind of volume,quickly, which is reflected in her urgency.

If we cut the vector,it can be contained and minimized, until we understand it better.

Last edited:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I ended up losing interest when they started getting into the metaphysical aspects.
I want my science fiction to be based in something that's at least scientifically plausible dammit.
I will agree.

I get caught up in calling BS on minutiae, while watching movies. For instance, I watched 300 for the first time this afternoon. I had to cringe when one of the characters wished another "God Speed." That term was coined in "Middle English." The Spartan Persian Wars (499-449BC) where a tad before Middle English (i.e. sometime after 1066AD).

I mean don't they have someone on staff that likes to read and is familiar with history?

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Trashcan Man was in The Stand
Pulled the nuke out of the AFB and towed it to Vegas behind the quad....

That was a part that was written with Bruce Dern in mind... he always plays a whack-job.
i know that but you quoted The X, who was talking about Under the Dome.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
i know that but you quoted The X, who was talking about Under the Dome.
Ahh... I had to go back a couple of quotes to find that.
I had forgotten that "Under the Dome" was also a King book, thought he was referring to The Stand being a good book and bad show.

But I guess that generally does apply to King books... they don't seem to translate well to a miniseries. Motion pictures? Sure.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Ahh... I had to go back a couple of quotes to find that.
I had forgotten that "Under the Dome" was also a King book, thought he was referring to The Stand being a good book and bad show.

But I guess that generally does apply to King books... they don't seem to translate well to a miniseries. Motion pictures? Sure.
No, most of the movies are horrible too!! Some
Exceptions...Green Mile, Stand by Me and Shawnshank Redemption are the only ones that really come to mind for me.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
No, most of the movies are horrible too!! Some
Exceptions...Green Mile, Stand by Me and Shawnshank Redemption are the only ones that really come to mind for me.
I never saw Stand By Me or Shawshank Redemption.
I couldn't watch Green Mile, it was just too slow... and I generally like movies wth Tom Hanks.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
I never saw Stand By Me or Shawshank Redemption.
I couldn't watch Green Mile, it was just too slow... and I generally like movies wth Tom Hanks.
Let me guess, you liked The Lawnmower Man or Maximum Overdrive? :laugh2:

Kidding!!!

parts

Reaction score
..it's in the fortune cookies !!!!

PeteK

Reaction score
I will agree.

I get caught up in calling BS on minutiae, while watching movies. For instance, I watched 300 for the first time this afternoon. I had to cringe when one of the characters wished another "God Speed." That term was coined in "Middle English." The Spartan Persian Wars (499-449BC) where a tad before Middle English (i.e. sometime after 1066AD).

I mean don't they have someone on staff that likes to read and is familiar with history?
That is your problem with 300's historical accuracy? :rofl: