Cork-sniffing stories

hecube

Reaction score
I had a dinner yesterday at my sister's place and I brought a good bottle of wine.

Unfortunately, there were so many bottles opened that this bottle sat on the table almost 2/3 full at the end of the evening.

I asked my sister if she wanted to keep it and she didn't. I put the cork back in and put it on the back seat and forgot about it.

Today was a very sunny and hot day and the bottle sat in the car all day when I remembered about it.

I fetched it and it was really hot to the touch. I put it in the fridge, not quite knowing what I would get.

To my surprise, it acquired a Porto-like sweetness and it was better than what I remembered tasting last evening.

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I played a jazz gig with a nineties Super L-5 and the other player totally dissed my guitar as being from an era where Gibson made a lot of "clunkers," and, "Ewww, that volute on the back of the neck!"

I sold that guitar shortly after that, from shame...

Laggspike

Reaction score
Well, some serious cork sniffing going on here IRL for me at the moment.

i plan on to buy a watch or somthing for the first paycheck.

And i stumbled into the Hamilton Automatic area on the internet..

JEEEZ!

chasenblues

Reaction score
I guess there's a fine line between cork sniffer and cork sniffie..

:laugh2:

Benjammin

Reaction score
I made a comment on here once that my Marshall Class 5 had that "classic Marshall sound", someone (who admitted they'd never played one) said that was impossible since the specs weren't the same. I haven't gone near the Squawk Box since :rolleyes:

TheX

wo0t
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't dis anyone else, I ride Italian superbikes. I must like repairing them.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I had a dinner party for some friends , when I was still in NY . was the first time that some of them had been to my place __ so my wife set the table up nicely

well . . these people that I thought that I knew , just seemed to be interested in some of my things , and started looking at the bottoms of the plates , and cups ( who does that ? :dunno: ) ___ commenting on some of the furniture styles , and collectibles in the apartment

put me into a terrible mind slip , and I ended up kicking everyone out

later that week , we ended up going on a road trip outside of the city . never went back . sold all of our belongings , and started over in Pennsylvania

Mike's_LP

Reaction score
I had a dinner party for some friends , when I was still in NY . was the first time that some of them had been to my place __ so my wife set the table up nicely

well . . these people that I thought that I knew , just seemed to be interested in some of my things , and started looking at the bottoms of the plates , and cups ( who does that ? :dunno: ) ___ commenting on some of the furniture styles , and collectibles in the apartment

I've had similar experiences. Back in the 90s, I bought an Aiwa mini stereo system. I spent what I wanted to spend, and I was happy with the features. A friend of mine comes over and notices it's similar to his Sony stereo, he's asking me all these questions about it... When I'd go to his house, he'd be looking at his stereo and asking me about features on mine... It took a few weeks of this back & forth for him to declare that his stereo was better, because... I think it was something about the tape deck. :rolleyes: Same thing with another friend and our TV sets through the years. Gimmie a break!

hecube

Reaction score
I made a comment on here once that my Marshall Class 5 had that "classic Marshall sound", someone (who admitted they'd never played one) said that was impossible since they specs weren't the same. I haven't gone near the Squawk Box since :rolleyes:

I have a Class 5 head and it's perfectly fine stock.

I bet that in 20 to 30 years from now, people will be paying good money to find a stock Class 5.

FUS44

Reaction score
My bass player has been talking to some guy filling his ear with honey about "his studio".

But this guy needed to come up and "check out our equipment".----Check

I told him that if my 3 Custom shop flametop LP's aren't good enough he can play some of my vintage stuff---------------Checkmate.

(Disclaimer:The guy he is talking about is locally notorious for his "star making claims" and trying to get bands to sign contracts "just incase they are Nirvana or something". Yes, he's got a studio and never recorded anything of note)

Benjammin

Reaction score
I have a Class 5 head and it's perfectly fine stock.

I bet that in 20 to 30 years from now, people will be paying good money to find a stock Class 5.

not that guy :laugh2: I wish I had bought a head and not a combo (they didn't have the head at that time), I'd still love to get my hands on one

sk8rat

Reaction score
I left my guitar in the back seat of my car in the sun and now I can get that sweet jimmy page tone no matter what amp im playing through :cool2:

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't buy a Squier Affinity. I'm just that stuck up.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
not that guy :laugh2: I wish I had bought a head and not a combo (they didn't have the head at that time), I'd still love to get my hands on one

Combo is cool.

Speaker just needs some breaking in out of the box. :thumb:

I dig the Class 5, very glad they made it.

lunchmeat

Reaction score
395.gif

Benjammin

Reaction score
Combo is cool.

Speaker just needs some breaking in out of the box. :thumb:

I dig the Class 5, very glad they made it.

I ran it through a 2x12 cab most of the time. The stock speaker had a nice sound for sure, but not as much low end as a 12" speaker. I used it to record alot, to my ears that was noticeable. I tended to use the stock speaker more for leads, and the cab for rhythm. I do regret selling it, but now they have the DSL5/15 :hmm:

to my ears its very "Marshall", I definitely thought that guy was being a dick for dismissing my opinion out-of-hand because it doesn't have KL66s or whatever (as if there was one set of specs that define the "classic Marshall sound")

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/benjammin420/black-magic-woman[/SC]

Latest Threads