Cop shoots and kills son after reportedly mistaking him for an intruder

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You're telling me you'd shoot someone dead without offering them a chance to surrender? So, if a neighbor got drunk and came into the wrong house, you'd shoot him dead with no warning?

I'm embarrassed to admit I've done just that. I'm glad I didn't get shot apparently.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You're telling me you'd shoot someone dead without offering them a chance to surrender? So, if a neighbor got drunk and came into the wrong house, you'd shoot him dead with no warning?
Im telling you if you turn around with a knife, screwdriver or other dangerous instrument when the lights come on, Im probably not giving you the chance to plunge it into my chest. Every situation is completely different. you're welcomed to break in and find out :laugh2::laugh2: (shit wait, I wont be here tonite, my 22 lb cat may give you fat face)

lunchbox

Reaction score
Better to be tried by twelve than carried by...oh...wait.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
You guys keep falling into these thread traps...

Pitting MLP member against MLP member, when none of us has all the details.

Wait until you have enough information, before you pick a side.

Just sayin'....

:cool:

Details?? Details?? We don't need no stinken details...

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Im telling you if you turn around with a knife, screwdriver or other dangerous instrument when the lights come on, Im probably not giving you the chance to plunge it into my chest. Every situation is completely different. you're welcomed to break in and find out :laugh2::laugh2: (shit wait, I wont be here tonite, my 22 lb cat may give you fat face)

I wouldn't rob you, I'd be sitting on your couch playing guitar when you came home. :laugh2::laugh2:

morrow

Banned
Reaction score
I'm surprised there's a 59 year old cop actually working. Usually their unions let them retire way before that...especially if they get "disabled" in the meantime.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wonder if a field sobriety type test was performed? Were either of them drunk? :hmm:

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised there's a 59 year old cop actually working. Usually their unions let them retire way before that...especially if they get "disabled" in the meantime.

Probably double-dipping.

Torren61

Reaction score

Years ago, I lived in Memphis. The place I lived in was an old apartment building that was built in 1920 and named Lucia. It had four apartments, two upstairs and two downstairs and they were bookmatched. So... it was a Monday and i was playing hookie from work. No one else was living in those apartments at that time. I hear someone walking down the hallway of the other top apartment and i thought it was the carpenter sent to do some work.

I look down the hallway through the bathroom back glass. It was opaque so i could only see a shape of someone coming up my back steps and then back down again. So I sneak down the hallway missing the squeaky wood and make my way to the back door.

Now, I had lent my brother my 12 gauge Winchester Defender. His Christmas present from me was an Army issue machete but that was in my pickup. All I had was an aluminum baseball bat. I'm holding that and I'm cocked back with it just beside the backdoor.

The backdoor was a double deadbolt lock that needed a key to open it from the outside or the inside. There was a 2' square window in the door. I peeped a look and saw a guy coming up my stairs with a can of paint. I didn't know him.

He jimmies up the window and a leg comes through. Then an arm with a screwdriver in the hand. My heart is about to come through my throat and I swing as hard as I could. I hit him on the wrist. He drops the screwdriver and falls backwards and down the stairs while letting out a cat-like howl. He's running across the back drive and I'm yelling at him to come back tomorrow when i'm not home... or maybe I will be.

The guy leaves his burglar bag of tools, a cup of coffee, a half eaten danish and an army jacket with his probation officer's card in the pocket and the date of his next appointment.

The cops show up and the place is crawling with them. Seems like cops are coming by just to come by. Everyone is telling everyone else and the next guy is always laughing when he gets told. Fingerprints are collected and the story makes the news. No charges for me and the guy isn't caught until three days later.

He's discovered in a basement of someone else's house. He has a broken arm that he says he got when he fell off a roof.

The point is, I'm glad I didn't have the 12 gauge in the house at the time. I'm sure i would have killed him and I'd STILL be thinking about it.

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
Some weird tragic circumstance happens with guns, someone posts, everyone armed with just enough facts to be dangerous, mayhem ensues.

Pro gun lashes out at anti gun.

It's entertaining, really. Pro wrestling wishes they could write scripts like this.

167278.gif

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

MORE stupidity coming from the resident troll!!!
:applause:
free entertainment

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some weird tragic circumstance happens with guns, someone posts, everyone armed with just enough facts to be dangerous, mayhem ensues.

Anti-gun limp wrists lashing out on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding American citizens.

It's entertaining, really. Pro wrestling wishes they could write scripts like this.

167278.gif

ftfy

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Years ago, I lived in Memphis. The place I lived in was an old apartment building that was built in 1920 and named Lucia. It had four apartments, two upstairs and two downstairs and they were bookmatched. So... it was a Monday and i was playing hookie from work. No one else was living in those apartments at that time. I hear someone walking down the hallway of the other top apartment and i thought it was the carpenter sent to do some work.

I look down the hallway through the bathroom back glass. It was opaque so i could only see a shape of someone coming up my back steps and then back down again. So I sneak down the hallway missing the squeaky wood and make my way to the back door.

Now, I had lent my brother my 12 gauge Winchester Defender. His Christmas present from me was an Army issue machete but that was in my pickup. All I had was an aluminum baseball bat. I'm holding that and I'm cocked back with it just beside the backdoor.

The backdoor was a double deadbolt lock that needed a key to open it from the outside or the inside. There was a 2' square window in the door. I peeped a look and saw a guy coming up my stairs with a can of paint. I didn't know him.

He jimmies up the window and a leg comes through. Then an arm with a screwdriver in the hand. My heart is about to come through my throat and I swing as hard as I could. I hit him on the wrist. He drops the screwdriver and falls backwards and down the stairs while letting out a cat-like howl. He's running across the back drive and I'm yelling at him to come back tomorrow when i'm not home... or maybe I will be.

The guy leaves his burglar bag of tools, a cup of coffee, a half eaten danish and an army jacket with his probation officer's card in the pocket and the date of his next appointment.

The cops show up and the place is crawling with them. Seems like cops are coming by just to come by. Everyone is telling everyone else and the next guy is always laughing when he gets told. Fingerprints are collected and the story makes the news. No charges for me and the guy isn't caught until three days later.

He's discovered in a basement of someone else's house. He has a broken arm that he says he got when he fell off a roof.

The point is, I'm glad I didn't have the 12 gauge in the house at the time. I'm sure i would have killed him and I'd STILL be thinking about it.
No doubt a shooting, regardless of the outcome, is NEVER a GOOD thing. Glad you were able to resolve it lass than lethally.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I don't need facts to slow me down from making wildly outlandish claims and bizarre speculations.

What're you trying to do? Take all the fun out of being an a**hole?

jeez,...some people. :cool:

:laugh2:

Torren61

Reaction score
I don't need facts to slow me down from making wildly outlandish claims and bizarre speculations.

What're you trying to do? Take all the fun out of being an a**hole?

jeez,...some people. :cool:

:laugh2:

Is that you in your avatar? :D

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
People are supposed to make sure of their target before shooting. A long time policeman should have known this. But no matter what punishment is given - if any - nothing can compare with having to bury his own child.

davebz

Reaction score
I am from this town the cop was a policeman.
didn't know the cop or his son.
sound's very f'd to me.

Latest Threads