Coolest Car You've Owned

DotStudio

Reaction score
A mix between the coolest guitar and dream car thread. Post up the coolest car you've owned. Mine was a 67 Mustang. That thing would scoot. Sold it for an ill-advised ring purchase that didn't quite pan out. :facepalm:

20170626_100807.png

I know many of our members come from an era when cool cars were plentiful, but modern wheels are welcome. Post em up!

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score
The car was a piece of crap, as it had been neglected for quite some time. However, the options on the car made it very well appointed, and it had all the makings of a great boulevard cruiser. 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme convertible - 350 ci w/ 4 bbl, automatic, p/s, p/b, a/c, power top, rally pack gauge package, bucket seats, console, 12 bolt posi rear. The paint was shot, the seats were torn, and when I got it, the top had more holes in it than top...had I the money and resources to fix the issues, the car would have been amazing, and I would have probably kept it. While the car was a piece of crap, it would drop panties in minutes. My personal best was 45 minutes from "Take me for a ride!" to "Oh! Oh! Oh my God that felt good!":naughty::naughty:

Hack

Reaction score
I bought me a black 66 Mustang when I was 14. Sure wish I handt gotten rid of that thing.

Smooth, clean lines.

289 would scream when it needed to.

*Not my car in the pic.

Last edited:

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
This was the most amazing car I've owned for summer driving. 1988 CRX Si. This was Car and Drivers car of the year, and for good reason. The only weak link was the brakes, where they did disks in front but drums in the rear. They corrected this on the 1989 and subsequent years. Incredible car and a ball to drive. it was like being able to drive a really fast go kart on the road.

Prior to that I had a '74 Camaro with a 350 with a 4 barrel carb. Looked like this only not as clean.

And this is what I'm driving now - 2015 Subaru Crosstrek XV Limited. Fantastic car and amazing in the snow. I've had it out on unplowed roads doing power slides and it handles it like a champ. And I can fit all my guitar crap in it, so win win!

PeteK

Reaction score
I had a 70 Chevelle, but honestly as far as comfort and niceness, I enjoyed my 2010 Chrysler 300c more. It looked awesome, rode super plush and was ridiculously quiet inside even on the freeway. And to satisfy my coolness desires, it had chrome 22's on it

Reaction score
My Mercedes SLK 230 had me most stoked of all back in '02. I really love my Range Rover now, but being objective I would say that Mercedes was the ultimate overall and for the time.

Caretaker

Reaction score
Mine was a 1970 Camaro. No pics.
I came home from a weekend fishing trip to find the fire department putting out the flames. My gf at the time drove it for 3 days with NO OIL. Nothing was salvaged.

Lungo

Reaction score
At the time (1994) I thought my 1972 Toyota Landcruiser was the coolest thing on the road. It had a V8 conversion and was not a typical engine. It chugged like a dragster and I could bark all 4 tires on dry pavement.

Latest Threads