Cool Old Stuff

kernelofwisdom

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
In addition to cool new stuff, guys like cool old stuff.

Over at the MLP meet, I got to see a lot of cool old stuff, not just out and about, but most enjoyably at Cookie's and Phil's houses. Their homes are historical treasures, and so is a lot of the stuff in them (including the owners! :D).

Anyway, how about talking about cool old stuff you have?

Here is some kick off:

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

I grew up with family in a valley that apparently was a hub of Native American activity and we used to go out and play in the fields and drop any arrowheads etc. in a bucket on the way back in. My great uncle would frame them. He'd trade around and get stuff from other regions too. Anyway, we had thousands of arrowheads etc., these pictures are typical arrangements. That Bible seen below the two frames has a metal cover and was handed out in World War II, in theory to encourage the guys to carry them in their breast pockets. The cartridges shown below are also WWII stuff.

On the civil war side, here is a map printed 1866. It's interesting to see how the South was viewed then, from a military perspective. Like a lot of native southerners, I've got various confederate documents, money, etc. around, and the bullets in the picture with the V. :)

IMG_0105.jpg

Book nut too, with them strewn everywhere. This is the oldest though, printed 1677. Note the guy wrote his name and his book after it, as they had not yet used the apostrophe for possession.

IMG_0103.jpg

More recent vintage stuff is cool too. Here's the last 68 Camaro I had and the one I miss. Had about as much original equipment as Pam Anderson, but, like her, was a lot of fun to ride!

cam10.jpg

cam13.jpg

cam2.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

What cool old stuff have you got??

Mattyboy

Reaction score
Kernel, I don't have any old stuff. But man, that last pic of yours with the Camaro, Marshall & Gibby is awesome. You should change that to your avatar pic. :dude:

kernelofwisdom

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Kernel, I don't have any old stuff. But man, that last pic of yours with the Camaro, Marshall & Gibby is awesome. You should change that to your avatar pic. :dude:

In that regard, I thought the colors worked out better on this one! :thumb:

DSC_0138.jpg

mono

Reaction score

That is rock and roll through and through! I love that car....

jomo

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's some cool stuff man. I have nothing old except this 1930s National lap steel and an old no name tube amp that came with it.

lapsteel1.jpg

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
In addition to cool new stuff, guys like cool old stuff.

Over at the MLP meet, I got to see a lot of cool old stuff, not just out and about, but most enjoyably at Cookie's and Phil's houses. Their homes are historical treasures, and so is a lot of the stuff in them (including the owners! :D).

Anyway, how about talking about cool old stuff you have?

Here is some kick off:

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

WOW where this the guitars picks of yesterday?? :laugh2::laugh2:

kernelofwisdom

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man Jomo I didn't know you had that! I knew there'd be some awesome stuff drop out of the woodwork.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My dad dug this silver sword up in an old field in California
back in the 1940's, we had it looked at by the University
of California Archology department They could only come up with the
idea that maybe the Spanish settlers had it and lost it.
So its pretty old, since it is silver, we werent willing to just give
it up to the museum but my sister is hanging on to it. Its hard to tell
from this photo but its 30 inches long

ancientbladea.jpg

kernelofwisdom

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! I wonder what they would have done with something like that? Wear it for ceremony?

You know whoever lost it had people walking around for days looking for it, with somebody saying, "Think. Where was the last place you saw it before you lost it." And the guy fuming that if he could remember that he'd damn well know where it was!!

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yea, its not something you would just loose, probably the owner
was burried near by!
There was an old Spanish settlement not too many miles from
the area.

Latest Threads