Cool Cinnamonburst Les paul Classic NOS 2000 year pretty epic

Trevor Foxall

Reaction score
Found this on Ebay the other week, I just had to have it.

This was the guitar I wanted back in 2004 when I first thought about learning guitar,
as a fan on A Perfect Circle I knew I wanted a Les Paul, couldent find what Billy uses back then, hell couldent afford anything spectacular so I got an Epiphone Black beautty, it was pretty good, needed a lot of work, nothing I could have done back then, years later now I have a few builds under my belt and a slew of good few fixes and do ups like a snapped off les paul neck that shatterd at the neck tenon restored to its formwer glory.

I've had a few Les pauls over the years since.
still hankerd after one of theese,

then I seen one!!!! 17 years old, NOS been sat in a shop for 17 years, imacculate,
managed to knock them down to £1,400

BANG got it, it came today man! its actually blown me away with its sustain and tone, don't know why but blows any other les paul I've had out the water.

I've got some sweeet photos too I took this morning.

check it out!

Last edited:

rockgod212

Reaction score
cool guitar, I have one too although mine is a plain top with whole lotta HB'ers. enjoy

Trevor Foxall

Reaction score
It was sitting in a shop for 17 years. Where did you buy it from, a flower shop?

Whatever, it is a sweet guitar, especially with the gold hardware.
Some shop in Michigan, probably out in the sticks who knows, buts its a Rare Les paul , you dont really see them for sale as they were limited in the 1990's
the ones that are are in bad or some times pretty good from archives I've pulled up,

brand new? never heard of for this guitar. I don't know the story behind it or why its had no owners but there it is. glad I got it.

73Fender

Reaction score
Congrats, she's a looker. Funny how the shop had it so long. Maybe they forgot they had it or something. Nice to get a brand new guitar with old wood too.

Classicplayer

Reaction score
A very beautiful guitar, indeed! I kind of envy you with your discovery and purchase. How could a guitar like that go unnoticed?! I know how you must feel, my 2000 Classic @ left, has been with me for 17 years. Could not notice it hanging on my dealer's wall display back then in November that year. That deep,Dark grainy fingerboard against Honeyburst meant that I had to own it. I wish you many happy hours playing that one.

Classicplayer

Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles loves you. Mwah! ♥
Reaction score
I do know that Daddy's Junky Music had a run of Cinnamon Burst Classics in the late 90's-early 2K's, and yours appears to have the Classic truss cover. I bought a Classic from them in 1999, a honeyburst. Man I gigged and recorded the hell out of that thing.

But, so yours is possibly one of the Cinnamon Bursts Gibson made for DJM back in the day. It'd have a slim 60's neck profile, green neck inlays and a 500T bridge (uncovered). The weight on them was nice as far as the few I tried and the one I bought - they weren't being chambered yet, but I think they did have 2-piece backs (not that it matters). They were most often plain tops, though Gibson was putting out plain top Classics with some nice wood grain, but yours actually has some flame. Most of them came with the pickguard installed which had "1960" embossed in gold paint. Gibson destroyed the later Classics before they were discontinued: the ABR bridge was replaced with a Nashville and the bodies were chambered (very un-"classic"). God knows what they were thinking again, but I bought a Cherry Sunburst in 2007 and it was @ss compared to my '99 honeyburst. But I needed an affordable Les Paul in 1 week and it was all I could get (the '99 was long gone due to fret wear). But the early models were awesome. Congrats!

In 1999 a Gibson Les Paul Classic retailed for $1,299. That's what DJM was selling them for that year, and that's what I paid for mine.

Last edited:

Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles loves you. Mwah! ♥
Reaction score
Congrats, she's a looker. Funny how the shop had it so long. Maybe they forgot they had it or something. Nice to get a brand new guitar with old wood too.
Cinnamon Burst was not a very popular color choice back then. Peeps* wanted Cherry Sunbursts and Honeybursts mostly. It might just have not sold and got moved into the back room storage. Today that color is rare, especially in new condition. I can't speak for the desirability of it, but $1,400 lbs = $1,800 USD, which is a little less than you'd pay for a new LP Traditional right now. Based on that, I'd say it's an ok deal, but not exactly a "steal" unless peeps* are collecting the earlier Classics.

*The better Classics were made before the word "peeps" meant something other than Easter marshmallow birdies. But don't quote me on that.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a broken record but my favorite guitar of all time is the early 2000s era classic…
The 496r/500t sound like nothing else when you play with the volume and tones…

They can be as mean and nasty as any guitar that's ever existed or as delicate as needed..

Love my 07 with all my heart and remains my number 1....

Your top is better than mine and the gold :drool:

Congrats on a guitar u should NEVER sell(unless to one of us) ha

-Chris

Trevor Foxall

Reaction score
Thanks peeps,
yeah its a Classic plus model flame top, not a plain top.

although the flame isent as goudy as most,

its better than an OK deal for me as its the one I've always wanted but could never find and would have paid anything.

some plain tops have been sold for an ok price, I did see a flame top sell for $2600 all with obvious ware.
so its a weird one to price up, its 500T pickup is seriously good, I usually swap out Gibson stocks straight away but I'm thinking of keeping it as is as its quite a special combo,

has an ABR-1 Bridge

Still has the 1960's gold eched pickguard unopened. I'll keep it off.

its desierable to people who know about it and desire it,
I have a hunch that it will be more desireable in another 5-10 years I just feel its special enough for it to do so.

it dosent feel weight releived, but I don't know. most were at that time, I know my Epi black beauty is pushing 9.5 lb this feels slightly heavier.

sustains far more than any I've had, has a nice open upper mid clarity to it unplugged

I fuckin love it.

Last edited:

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks peeps,
yeah its a Classic plus model flame top, not a plain top.

although the flame isent as goudy as most,

its better than an OK deal for me as its the one I've always wanted but could never find and would have paid anything.

some plain tops have been sold for an ok price, I did see a flame top sell for $2600 all with obvious ware.
so its a weird one to price up, its 500T pickup is seriously good, I usually swap out Gibson stocks straight away but I'm thinking of keeping it as is as its quite a special combo,

Still has the 1960's pickguard unopened. I'll keep it off.

its desierable to people who know about it and desire it,
I have a hunch that it will be more desireable in another 5-10 years I just feel its special enough for it to do so.

it dosent feel weight releived, but I don't know. I know my Epi black beauty is pushing 9.5 lb this feels slightly heavier.

sustains far more than any I've had, has a nice open upper mid clarity to it.

I fuckin love it.
When I play my 07, which is a lot, I alter my strumming angle so as not to hit it...
Proud to say after 11 years the 1960 remains almost spotless...

Long live the 90s and 2000s classics!

Next time ur in north texas, come by and jam!!
My wife makes killer tea(it's sweet tea and made by the Texas sun)
No proper tea but dang good...u and me ----> :h5:

-Chris

jlb32

Reaction score
Killer guitar man! I love my Classic.
Those pickups are not from Gibson though IMO. I might be wrong but in all my years, I've never seen Gibson do that style of gold/silver pole pieces.
I'm guessing someone changed the pickups or the pole piecesI

integra evan

Reaction score
That looks great! Awesome you found the exact guitar you wanted too, seems like that guitar was waiting for you lol

Standard

Reaction score
Killer guitar man! I love my Classic.
Those pickups are not from Gibson though IMO. I might be wrong but in all my years, I've never seen Gibson do that style of gold/silver pole pieces.
I'm guessing someone changed the pickups or the pole piecesI
Or removed gold covers.

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
Congrats on a killer looking Classic.

It's awesome you were able to find such an uncommon color.

Here's a pic of my pride and joy, with it's 496R/500T pickups, and snot green inlays.

'00 Trans Amber Classic Premium Plus:

Latest Threads