Convertion from HH to H pu config

KenA

Reaction score
Recently I removed the neck pu humbucker and I'm now testing a single humbucker configuration. So it's a single Humbucker with 1 Volume and 1 Tone. Both pots are same as before and 500k. I also use a 0.022uF orange drop 400V cap. I'd kept the same config and re-did the wiring for a single PU following the seymour duncan specs for this setup. (see attached image).

So far so good, but I believe the bridge pu sound now is not the same as before with 2 pus (both compared in bridge position). The higher strings G, B & E sound a bit thinner than before (less sustain also). Is it normal, or it should sound just the same as with 2 pus?

I've checked to see if the pu is not in split mode and also tested both joining black+red and then green+white

Any tips are very welcomed.

Additional Info: I also noticed that the screw side of my humbucker is louder that the slug side. That's a bit strange, because for what I know it should be just the opposite, right?
The positioning is the usual: screw side towards the bridge and slug side towards the neck

Attachments

Last edited:

KenA

Reaction score
Thanks ... I just found out that my PU has the hot as green and ground as black. It's an Oripure Vintage HB. I'll read with a multimeter later on and see what's really happening.
seymour_vs_oripure.png

Latest Threads