shtdaprdtr

Reaction score
why not go all the way????
Picture009.jpg

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Nice thread!

Stoked to see how your checking works out.
I'm also on the fence with Mules, myself.

badly drawn les

Reaction score
why not go all the way????
Picture009.jpg

Unvarnished long tenon? plugged bridge post holes? I'm intrigued. What are those lines following the top & bottom E strings, has a section been cut out & replaced? What was your starting point? do I assume it's nitro?

triplehold

Reaction score
Thank you sir! Excellent and inspiring reading for sure. You are a clever craftsman and have impeccable taste in guitars and amps.

badly drawn les

Reaction score
IMG_1040.jpg
[/IMG] This is what I shall give it a blast through, a 1963 watkins dominator, imho the finest amp ever made.

triplehold

Reaction score
Sick! A '63 Watkins Dominator- now I am really blown away. You're the man Les. Still have the leopard Vox?

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Your. Harem. Is. Awesome.

Welcome to the forum, and all that jazz. I've enjoyed this thread immensely.

glynneCicada

Reaction score
Yeah, awesome thread sir. Thanx for the info & great pics. Its been a fascinating read. Well done.

badly drawn les

Reaction score
amp07-2.gif
[/IMG]
Sick! A '63 Watkins Dominator- now I am really blown away. You're the man Les. Still have the leopard Vox?
Yup, sure do, I haven't used it for ages, too bloody loud. I put less efficient speakers in (a nice pair of pre-rola greenbacks) & swapped the preamp valves for lower gain mullard ecc81s but it's still louder than a 100 watt marshall stack. It is for sale if anyone is interested.

badly drawn les

Reaction score
od-1.jpg
[/IMG] While I have your attention, I must give a big-up to my buddy Huw at www.gasfx.co.uk. After going through a zillion pedals over the years, this is the best overdrive I've ever used. It's available ready-made or as a kit which is what I went for so that it matched my other pedals. I've used modded tubescreamers for ages but after playing through the drivethru for 20 minutes, & then switching to the tubescreamer, it sounds like a load of fizzy, small sounding nonsense. The drivethru sounds HUGE.

badly drawn les

Reaction score
Are you pleased with the mules?
I've not played them up loud yet & as I mentioned earlier, I like to live with a new pup for a few weeks. They are certainly very PAF like & vintage sounding, quite close to gibsons classic 57s which I like, maybe a touch more "edge" to them. I find that the high output 'buckers are ok at first but you get a bit sick of them after a while. I think the mules will stay on for a good while.

Latest Threads