continuation of pickup wires?

pepejalolo

Reaction score
I have a problem with my new Seymour Duncan Alnico II PRO neck pickup. I'm in the middle of a total rewire with my Les Paul copy and the 4 conductor wire (5 with the bare ground wire) of the neck pickup hardly reaches the volume pot and it's very hard to work with these little wires inside the controls cavity.

The wires should be connected like this:
black goes to volume pots hot lug.
red and white are soldered together.
bare and green go to ground.

Now I got a crazy idea: what if I take the pickup out, cut the wire short and do all that under the pickup by continuing this 5 conductor wire like this with a single conductor braided wire:

These violet circles are insulation and this gray spiral thing is the shielding that is grounded to the bottom of the volume pot.
wtfmate.jpg

oh dear:lol:

Big_dawg

Reaction score
personally if it was me Id solder an extension on it and seal it...

stryker59

Reaction score
ive had the same problem with duncan pickups in lp's.....the neck lead is never long enough..whats up with that?

Weldaar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nobody makes neck pickup leads long enough for my Firebird.

Big_dawg

Reaction score
I have this problem with all my pups, a left handed guitar is effectively the same as putting the pup in upside down and shortening it by around 2-3 inches. I got Will to put an extra long lead on the last set I got off him...

pepejalolo

Reaction score
So everything seems OK with my plan? I'm planning of doing smth like this:

P6052135.jpg

pepejalolo

Reaction score
I made a little test today to see how it would look and work. Heres how I did it:

wires.JPG

Latest Threads