Considering a Set of Wolfetones

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Marshallhead bridge Dr. Vintage neck combo is the heat. The Marshallhead cleans up very nice

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a chance to really sit down today and adjust these a little more.

I decided to drop the neck pickup just below the ring. More like bass side just below the ring and the treble side about 1/32” above it. Then I set the bridge to about 4/32” above that and began to adjust. I ended up pretty darn close in output volume and adjusted the rest of the way on the bridge by ear.

The result? Amazing clarity and string to string definition. I had already adjusted the individual screws per @ErictheRed and his write up and these overall height adjustments took it to the next level. Incredible range of tones on both pickups and wonderful out of phase sounds in the middle.

@WolfeMacleod is the man and these pickups will never leave this guitar.

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with any of Wolfe's offerings. I think I have tried almost every pup he makes and I was never disappointed. I'm a huge fan of his Legends and currently have a set of Kauerbuckers in my R8, which are essentially hot Legends.

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I can attest to Wolfe being good to work with. I was unhappy with the neck pickup and he sorted out a solution. I would buy from him again.

Latest Threads