Concert Time Machine-One Shot to see the show you forever regret....

toymaker

Reaction score
The Doors - probably an under rated concert experience....just because Morrison was so much of a damned wildcard.

Imagine seeing them on a night he was really "on" though....

I'd have loved to have seen Tom Petty live, but its not as if there's no good recordings of his live shows.

There was also a meet up that allegedly took place some time ago at the intersection of Routes 49 and 61 between a couple of chaps - would have been great to have witnessed that transaction going down.

judson

Reaction score
any shows of:

hendrix
gary moore
srv
terry kath (maybe saw him...fuzzy years)

i remember passin on zepplin...yea prolly stupid to

maybe others but saw quite a few, most i dont remember

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I had two tickets to see BB King in a small venue around '82. The problem was I had three friends. We skipped the show and got wasted.

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It would be Black Sabbath, The Doors in LA in a Club, or Zep. I’d need time to make a final decision.

Deftone

Reaction score
I did see Black Sabbath, the original line up at Ozzfest '99.

Saw Nirvana open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers on NYE in '91.

Saw STP and Velvet Revolver with Scott Weiland.

Saw Cliff Burton with Metallica in '85.

Saw Fudge Tunnel...anybody else here see Fudge Tunnel? Ha! I think not.

LP1865

Reaction score
I did see Black Sabbath, the original line up at Ozzfest '99.

Saw Nirvana open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers on NYE in '91.

Saw STP and Velvet Revolver with Scott Weiland.

Saw Cliff Burton with Metallica in '85.

Saw Fudge Tunnel...anybody else here see Fudge Tunnel? Ha! I think not.
You have truly lived life

gcbike

Reaction score
Hendrix.

There's gotta be a reason almost everyone in his time talked about the first time they saw him.

Beatles would be neat to see working in a studio...but no thanks to a concert.
I was a wee lad back then and we had to sit in the car waiting for brother and sister,when the beatles played Crosley Field in Cincinnati.nothing but screaming could be heard

gcbike

Reaction score
The Beatles at Shea. Just to experience what the height of Beatlemania was like.

A VERY close second would be the 1970 Isle of Wight festival
The height of Beatlemania was standing in line waiting to get a vinyl album,that ended of course with the record burnings,but that was great for me, easier to get the later albums

Deftone

Reaction score
Ted Nugent, July 1977 at Nashville Municipal Auditorium.

In the introduction to the song on Double Live Gonzo, Nugent described it as "a love song" that he wanted to dedicate to "all that Nashville pussy."

I must have heard that at 11 or 12 years old and thought "Nashville Pussy" must be some of the greatest pussy ever. A few years later I was stationed at Ft. Campbell and I got me some Nashville Pussy. Still friends with her today and she's still HAWT!

Paula2.jpg

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had to choose one, it would be one of, if not all four, of the Humble Pie shows at the Fillmore East, in NYC, in '71, when they recorded their "Humble Pie Performance Rockin' The Fillmore" album.

If I could choose another, it would be this one:

My two favorite bands and my two favorite guitar players (Frampton/Farner) who inspired me to play guitar.

Although I no longer live there, I'm from Central New York. Of course, I was only 13 at the time, so it would've been pretty difficult for me to get to NYC to be there for any of those shows.

toymaker

Reaction score
Thinking back - the 2nd year of the Lollapaloza tour.

I was there for at least 1 stop they tell me - but i dont remember a damn thing. Looking back it was a classic early 90s lineup with alot of groepe just starting.

1st round woulda been neat too.

nomadh

Reaction score
I guess the easy answer would be woodstock. Total cheater answer. 1st CSN, hendrix, Joplin, santana, cocker.
And if course country joe and the fish :)
Also went to see metallica with alice in chains. I was a huge aic fan so naturally they cancelled because they were in rehab. Never got to see soundgarden back then either.
I also heard about a concert at a local bar where living color was playing and just a few days before cult of personality went number 1. Many reports it was the best concert anyone had ever seen. The description was mind blowing.
My life has been a waste. :(

nomadh

Reaction score
Like the title said, ONE chance to enter the wayback machine and see that band you dearly wish you could have seen at their peak.

There are about a billion I'd want to see, but today, right now, it'd be Phil Mogg, Michael Schenker and the crew in 1979:

Larry
Great choice but wrong clip. I think that's paul Chapman on guitar.
Try this one

nomadh

Reaction score
SRV on the In Step tour after he cleaned up. He played locally and I didn't go. Still kicking myself.
I could have seen him open for joe cocker and didnt go. If we ever meet we can take turns slapping each other :)

Latest Threads