Concerning Earthquake In Alaska and Cascadia Range

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some say 7.5 magnitude, some 7.8, magma infiltration origin. Seems like the Cascadia Subduction Zone is hot, surprising the experts such that they've never seen before. Keep an eye on this, especially if you live in Washington State, Oregon or Northern California. Also, an incoming asteroid in the next couple of weeks.

Check out this vid. A little long, but engaging and informative.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing new... and always something to be aware of on the Pacific Rim.
Alaska has large quakes regularly.
The Cascadia Subduction Zone would scare the crap out of me if I lived in that area.

Asteroid? Too much crying wolf over those. I used to keep tabs on them, but they would call for "potential disasters" when the thing is passing at 4LD.
4LD? Seriously? That's a threat? You're going to call an alert when you are calculating that something will miss us by a million miles? Be a little more confident in your calculations bro... if you think you screwed up, call it 2LD and be good, but don't scare us into thinking we'll be lubricating the next civilization's engnes.

Lungo

Reaction score
I’ll never forget waking up in the middle of the night after moving into a basement apartment in Anchorage. Pictures were rattling and my clothes were swinging in the closet. Thought the place was haunted.

cjpeck

Reaction score
that dude's a conspiracy looney.
claims there were two seperate buoys near Hawaii that measured a 30 meter wave out of nowhere due to today's earthquake. Suuuuuuuuuuuure........

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
that dude's a conspiracy looney.
claims there were two seperate buoys near Hawaii that measured a 30 meter wave out of nowhere due to today's earthquake. Suuuuuuuuuuuure........
Hope so.

cjpeck

Reaction score
well, since those two jokers in the video are claiming that there's a 1000 percent increase in seismic activity over the past year due to the presence of a brown dwarf star complete with planets four L.D. from the earth and that brown dwarf star is also messing with our political situation as well as causing the west coast to drift farther to the west even as we speak, odds are good that they are plain freaking nuts.

It’s not his fault, he’s just all shook up.
You're despicable.

LP121

Reaction score
Regarding the asteroid, it's the size of a refrigerator.

In the unlikely event that it does enter the atmosphere, it will probably burn up.

Olds442

Reaction score
it's just the start btw. there will be more +M7 quakes later this week.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
it's just the start btw. there will be more +M7 quakes later this week.

Uhh no, this is a pseudoscience/conspiracy theory website and channel. I actually worked for the Keck Observatory full time for a while and still consult with CARA (The California Association for Research in Astronomy, of Which Keck is a part), and it's disappointing to see some of the real research being done misused like this. Caveat that I worked for them as an electrical engineer, but I do have degrees in physics and engineering and can spot the BS when I see it.

I'm definitely not going to go point by point (waste of my time based on plenty of past experience around here), but this is blatant misrepresentation of real science.

Latest Threads