Combo Practice Amp for a newbie

AerenS

Reaction score
@Rhust i wish that was the price. I live in Turkey and Yamaha THR10 has price tag around €550. And beside that i cant find agile or other cheapher alternatives here. If the thr10 or even thr 5 had lesser price tag i would not think on it. (Thr 5 sold around €400 as new in here)

Rhust

Reaction score
I'm sorry. it's very hard for us to know what the market is like there...
if you can fit the mustang1 in the budget, go for it. otherwise I'd echo the options listed above, like the blackstar ID series

of the ones you listed, I'd try the orange crush

Tazz3

Reaction score

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
Amp modelers that are JUST the modelling part (Pod, V-Amp, etc) may also be a good solution. Add headphones and rock on until you figure out what you want or your dream amp appears locally etc.

EndGame00

Reaction score
Yamaha THR10C, since it leans toward the classic tones.. The X version is modern... They are loud enough for bedroom practice/jam along with your CD's or utube muzak.

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
A used Blackstar HT-1 would be an amp to consider. It definitely has the best headphone jack out of any tube amp I've had.

Tweaker

Reaction score
I realize I'm late to the party, but I didn't see this amp suggested, and it might be worth checking out. All tube, $200:

Bugera V5 Infinium - 5W 1x8" Guitar Combo Amp | Sweetwater.com

I've never played it but I'm seriously considering picking one up because the price is great. And Sweetwater doesn't seem to carry much in the way of garbage, so I'm told.

Again, at least worth checking out.

AerenS

Reaction score
@Tweaker the topic still hot on my end since i could not get a chance to go to a music store yet because of my work. I will check the the amp you sugesting but i must say i have never seen the Bugera brand around here (i might missed it though)

scrumm21

Reaction score
thought I'd jump in... just ordered my 1st entry level tube amp...Vox AC10C1 - 10W :D

Tweaker

Reaction score
@Tweaker the topic still hot on my end since i could not get a chance to go to a music store yet because of my work. I will check the the amp you sugesting but i must say i have never seen the Bugera brand around here (i might missed it though)

You'll likely see some unhappy reviews if you do a search on here...when they first started out, the amps had some quality control issues. BUT, they have since remedied those issues with the Infinium series.

But like I said, if Sweetwater carries it, I'm not concerned about it. And at that price, it's a great deal. I'm definitely going to pick one up once I can find a couple hundred lying around. :laugh2:

eeprete

Reaction score
If you are newer, I'd suggest going for something with versatile tones to give you an idea of what you like to hear and what you'd like to play. Vypr, mustang, even a second hand super champ or Vibro champ. Spend as much time as you can honing your playing.

Latest Threads