Collings I35LC - Aged Faded Cherry

tonedr

Reaction score
thanks for giving this a look...sincerely appreciated!

malcostuart

Reaction score
Would be greatly appreciated if you can post another 5 or 6 more pics. Looks absolutely fabulous ! Oh , and any comments from you on any interesting points or descriptions. I'm not alone in looking forward to it, it just looks so gorgeous ! ! ! Big congrats.

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Same here Dale....would like to see more pics and your thoughts on how it stacks up against other guitars like it.

endial

Reaction score
I hadn't really put much thought into the difference between "aged" and "reliced" until you posted these pics. I'm not a fan of reliced guitars per se, but aged would have me in a second.

That guitar is absolutely stunning.

malcostuart

Reaction score
Thanks for the extra input ! If the pics. are anything to go by it could be a serious contender, I think I'm in love.

tonedr

Reaction score
Would be greatly appreciated if you can post another 5 or 6 more pics. Looks absolutely fabulous ! Oh , and any comments from you on any interesting points or descriptions. I'm not alone in looking forward to it, it just looks so gorgeous ! ! ! Big congrats.
A few of my favorite features would be the size of the guitar as compared to a 335. Small but not too small, and of course moving the input jack to the side of the guitar as opposed to the top like on a 335.

I love the aged finish - i'm for everyone doing their own thing, but to my experience a lot of relic guitars are overdone - i think to myself i don't see old guitars look like that - it's too much.
Collings process just causes the finish to check, so every guitar is unique, the only place on the guitar that is not effected is the back of the neck..perfect IMO. The guitar, to me, has a vintage vibe without being abused.

The pickups in this guitar are ThroBaks, hotter than other I35's I've had before and i really love them. They clean up nice but have an attitude when desired.

I choose their 60's neck option and for my hands it's perfect.

Lastly i have to admit I'm biased. I've played Collings Guitars for a lot of years and i'll put their guitars up to ANY ever built. That doesn't mean that everyone will like them and that fault finders won't find something they don't like, or that they obsolete another guitar. However for me the passion, research and attention to detail just continues to cause me to admire and be thankful for having one of their instruments to play.

Thanks for your interest,
dale

rabidhamster

Reaction score
greatly appreciate the interest...here's a few more that may give some different perspectives on the body size/shape and attention to detail from Collings. Also shows better i think what their 'aged' finish looks like.

Gorgeous! I've been trying to come up with a plan for one of those for years now - that looks beautiful, didn't even know aged was an option with them!

tonedr

Reaction score
Gorgeous! I've been trying to come up with a plan for one of those for years now - that looks beautiful, didn't even know aged was an option with them!
if you get one i'd love to hear about it!

mandobandit

Reaction score
Dale
Forget the pictures let’s hear some of your wizardry like maybe some classic Cream
Fred